Epilogue/ TRINITY is out!!!

Phone rings

Sniffs. Drying the tears rolling down my face as my eyes stays trained at the carved boulder which reads:

Forever in our hearts.
Martha Tobias
1974-2021
We will miss you.

The day is sunny as ever with birds chirping, at the distance you can hear car hoots, hustling and bustling, then the music; mixed harmoniously creating a niche. To me, it felt dark, rainy, cloudy and gloom. The very opposite of the actual, my eyes never leaving the carved intricate design as tears cascade down my cheeks.

It's a dark day for me.

The day I felt all alone in the world.

"Hello Derek." I say weakly, exhausted from much crying.

"Where the fuck are you?!" My boyfriend yells through the phone having me flinch in fright.

He always does this to me and I don't know why I put up with him. Makes me look weak or sound hopeless or maybe it's the love I have for him that compels me to put up with his excessiveness.

I just feel pathetic. Used.

Sniffs. "Derek, I just buried my mom don't you feel..."

He cuts me off tersely. "I don't care Trinity. Where is my money?"

You mean my hard earn money I work to get. I almost scream but rail myself in.

Letting a soft sigh escape my lips. "I told you I'll get it for you but this happened. I had to use it to clear the bills and everything. You know I don't have any money baby."

And it is true, I do not have any money on me. Ever since mum's ailment increased I had to drop at my final year in college to work harder to pay her bills after she made me promise that I will not touch my college fees.. I promised her that I will finish college and come out with good grades, make her proud and buy her one of those fancy houses in California or New York. Anywhere she wished, I will do it for her.

But death came knocking its ugly face.

Sobbing profusely at the fond memory that shatters my heart more, his voice interrupt me. "Stop lying to me bitch. Didn't those rich boujee family you live with take care of it."

How can my own boyfriend be so inconsiderate?

My mother, the only family I have left is dead and gone and all he wants is money to buy more drugs. Get high and wasted.

My mother and I lived in the Ivanov mansion ever since I was a kid. Mum was the nanny and chef of the home, and myself helped around with their babies watching them grow up into teens. They took us as their own, gave us a roof over our head, feed us and care for our needs rewarding mum with a fat check since she refused their help to pay my fees.

Practically, my whole life is with the Ivanov family. Till I left them for college.

Every cheque she took from them was under my name and for my schooling. She wanted me to have the best education and every semester I came home with my grades, her smiles perks up bigger and brighter. It made me work harder to keep such a radiant smile on her face.

I never imagined that that precious smile will one day be gone, forever.

I never knew she was sick all along, she never told me or was very good at hiding it until she fainted right before my eyes when I came back for the holiday.

I am already close to my dreams, our dreams, so, why now? As I cried in the hospital. I never knew the end was closer than I thought.

Choking on a sob. "Derek. Enough. Please. I'm grieving."