28

I don’t know how long we have been on air but never have we for once stopped for refuel or anything of sort. The plane has everything in it making it comfortable as provision seems in excess although I was only ever allowed the liberty to pee with the help of two armed bodyguards taking me back and forth and nothing more; just locked up in the room awaiting my fate of marriage. I always dreamt I will one day sit in front of the mirror and get myself dolled up for my special day with my favourite person who will be waiting for me at the end of the aisle as I am being escorted to him by my father. The only problem stands that the more I watch the rise and fall of the sun the more the chances of finding me hits me hard like a tsunami or the mocking clown telling me I am in for a long haul.

So here I sat applying lipstick on my lips, brushing my lashes with a mascara stick and fixing my hair into something adorned by brides for the fitting of my veil. If I’m too get married in the next couple of minutes then I might have well look my best for the sake of it even if the candle light of hope dims as the hours ticks.

You can do this Rosie. He will come for me. Tapping my feet preening in belief it creates a distraction to my perturb heart. Just then my lashes flutters close making a si...

“Are you praying?” The voice spins my neck to see him leaning on the door in a relaxed posture all dressed in a tux for his big day wearing a mocking grin; obviously it clearly isn’t mine.

Rolling my eyes at him. “What are you doing here? Don’t you know it is a bad omen for the groom to see the bride before the wedding?”I sass sitting up from the vanity stool moving to the bed where my veil rest picking it up and walking back to the mirror to fix it on correctly.

“Babe.” He interjects.

Pausing, facing my front to him. “Pardon?”

“Babe. Baby. Honey. Sweetheart or preferable husband. I believe those are common terms of endearment between couples. You forgot to add any of the preferred choice which I know will sound sexy coming out of those lips.”

“In your dreams.”

“Quite sure those words will be said in an hour’s time and it will be of your will or someone will have to pay for it.” He threaten, briefly winking at my stomach before meeting my hard glare trained on him, he chuckles rubbing his bearded chin. “I can wait.” Dragging himself off the door sauntering till he got behind me picking the bouquet up from the table sniffing it then looking at me through the mirror. “You know this flower smells just like you.” Tracing his fingers down my exposed back fanning my neck with his breath still with his eyes on me at the mirror. I wanted to stomp my pointy heel on his foot, pluck his eyes out or kick him hard on his dick; anything to have his vile hands off me. His grin grows wider possibly reading my mind of what I hope to do to him, God! When I’m done with this and come out alive I will have Alexei train me to defend myself from men like him.

Seeing that I won’t act upon my mindset he draws back titling his head to the side watching me fix the veil on my hair taking in a much needed air because I am this close to giving up. Opening back ready to get this done I catch him staring at me longing, so awkward and very different from Alexei’s. “What?” I bark.

“You are ravenous.” A brow rise looking at him blank stating out his mistake.

“You mean ravishing.” He smiles walking closer to me tracing my chin tilting it up to look into his eyes.

“No, ravenous. I know what I said. You are ravenous.” He looks like he is fighting himself for pushing me down and ripping the dress of me while my heart pounds knowing I will kill him if he takes one step further to me. He blinks snapping himself out of the lusty cloud he floats letting a faint smile fall on his lips. “Are you ready?” He asks.