33- You

Iris p.o.v.

The ride became too quiet.

I know there was silence before but now its just deathly.

  And I didn't know how to react anymore. I just want to go home.

Not home to New York. Home to Saint Alamos. Home to my parents.

Just Home, I need that break. I fucking need it.

Hunter noticed the drift between us. It was obvious and it was heavy.

  There was an unknown elephant in the car and neither of us knew what it was to talk about addressing it.

Mrs Phoebe is dead.

That can't sink in.. It just cannot sink in.

All I did was leave to find my daughter and Mrs Phoebe is dead. Meredith is missing.

  For heaven sakes where do I start with the heart ache. I don't even know if my daughter is alive!

The entire universe is spinning. Its spinning in every direction.

  My mind wasn't aware of my environment but I jerked to reality when I heard the radio come on.

  Hunter had actually slipped in a CD and the humm of the intro had began playing.

__🎶Firstly I gotta say the truth
Everything seems impossible
Yes it is actually impossible
But I hope to be happy that's true🎶__

The song was highly unfamiliar, I couldn't even pin the voice to someone. So I was gullibly listening to whatever mantra the lady behind the scene was chanting.

__🎶Secondly I cannot believe in you
You've hurt me not one not two
I'm still gonna play it like its cool
But I hope to be happy that's true🎶__

The music brought a lull to the car, like we were both intently listening to the lyrics with full concentration.

The sun was full out and a little bit found its way to garnish my skin through the windscreen. I watched as it disappeared if we passed under a large tree and reappeared when nothing was obstructing.

  Funnily it was a temporary distraction till reality came back.

  We were on our way to figure out if my baby was alive.

Speaking of life.. Mrs Phoebe was dead.

An accident, they said.

  Why? Of all days just why??

__🎶If you need meee.. Call meee, call mee.
I'll be waiting.
If you want meee.. Shout ittt, shout ittt.
I'll be listening for youuuuu🎶__

Then went the instrumentals. The violin and guitar in perfect symphony with the drums. Each beat expressing the emotions of the singer better.

Her emotion of pain.

"Who sang this?" I saw myself asking as I got lost in the emotion. I was curious.

"Her name's Dina Holiesh" he replied like he was actually waiting for me to ask in the first place.

"I've never heard of her" not even once

"A lot of people haven't. She released only five songs in her lifetime, before she committed suicide"

Suicide.

I can remember who tried that once.

"Why?"

"Why what? Did she release only five songs?"  He lifted a brow at this.

" No. Why did she commit suicide?"

It was then that he turned to me since our conversation began.

"Uhm.. She was depressed" he replied curtly and turned back to the wheel.

"Oh" seems like the conversation was over then.

  The song came on repeat again as a minute of silence passed between us before Hunter reopened the conversation.

"She had three failed marriages, all were abusive. One was even a murderer. Killed her only son"

The expression of  'oh my God' was totally evident on my face, but Hunter wasn't done just yet.

" But she was always trying to love again. No matter how many failed marriages, she always had an open mind for a new relationship. She went into music to comfort herself. She didn't know it was what made her realize how broken she was"

"Some months after, she thought she was in a happy relationship at last till she found out he was cheating on her. That was the end. She took her life"

I have so many questions. How did Hunter discover her?

  A lady with such a sad story would've disappeared from history over the years but here her song was playing on repeat with the most enchanting melody I had ever heard and could relate to

And maybe He could relate to it too, that's why he chose it at such a time.

Dina Holeish.

"How old was she? She sounds so young" forgive my inquisitive nature but I'm engrossed.

Not only in the story, but the fact that Hunter and I were actually having an unusual conversation that made sense to me.

"23"

  So young, yet life had its way to show her the rough side.

I guess it's just like that for some people. To not know what actual happiness feels like.

Just from one bowl of pain to another.

I could relate on so many levels more than one.

But my questions weren't done yet, I have just one more.

"How do you know so much about her?"

  I think i shouldn't have asked that because his reaction wasn't eager. It was on a scale ten of reluctant.

And by the time ten seconds had passed without a reply from him, I returned to my reality and glanced out the windows once again.

  The entire turnaround of my life flashing before my eyes.

"She's my mom's youngest sister"

I had to look at him to know if he was serious with what he just said.

The fact he spared me no eye contact was enough ground to show that he was downright serious.

Those words hit heavy on my chest as the chorus of her song played once more.

__🎶 If you need meee. Call meee, call mee.
I'll be waiting.
If you want meee... Shout ittt, shout ittt.
I'll be listening for youuu🎶__

A√N

Hello everyone and a happy new year to you.

How have y'all been? I hope you're good.

Do enjoy the update, I'll be doing that more frequently.

Remember that inkitt always has two to three more chapters ahead.

Other sites you can find me are-

• Hinovel
• Goodnovel
• Novelcat
• Webnovel

All at Bed_Of_Roses

I love you❤❤