3- Disappointed

Hunter's p.o.v.

Seeing her smile reminded me of times when we were literally on best of terms.

Not like there was much of that, but the few times were actually worth the memory.

I honestly don't think I can hold much anger against her. She not telling me about Louisa wasn't entirely her fault. I'm partly to be blamed for that.

Heck.. I'm to be fully blamed for it, if she had told me about Louie earlier than when I had found out I may have called her a liar.

But then again, she didn't fully lie. I did lose a child. Louisa's brother.

As I watched her smile, I imagined the little baby had looked like her. With her bold brown eyes and almost ivory skin. He would have been perfect.

But he's no more. That ice of reality poured down my spine.

" Let's get going. I'm beginning to think that they'd be getting worried" I said as I stood to my feet and stretched out my arm to aid her.

She willingly avoided my hand and stood by herself.

" What did Mr Reid say about the disturbance?" She asked as she dusted off her clothing.

Truthfully, I hadn't thought about it yet. But it should definitely fall along the lines of ' I told you so '.

" I don't know yet. Haven't seen him since the threats. I'm gonna get an earful" I replied with a smile even though deep down I was silently panicking.

" It's going to be okay" she consoled and suddenly turned around to walk away in the other direction.

" Where are you going?" I asked, clearly surprised at her actions.

" Home" a simple response she gave with a half shrug. Not even sparing me a glimpse.

" Let's go this way, I'll take you. " I suggested as I took two steps forward in her direction.

" I know my way around" she retorted and kept walking away.

" What are you doing?" She's still confusing me.

My question may have seemed funny to her cause it caused her to giggle and turn around for a bit.

" Just because you apologized doesn't mean I forgive you"

And after that, she headed back in her direction.

---------------------------------------

I had gotten home and dad informed me that Iris had arrived few minutes earlier.

And yes, Dad, Mom and Love are staying over possibly till tomorrow morning.

Releasing a deep breath and did quick scan around the living room. I walked up to the mini bar and was about to pour myself a glass of whiskey before dad's voice came through.

" Drop that bottle or you'd find your entire cabinet filled with fruit juice by daylight"

And I grudgingly obeyed.

It's not like I had a choice to actually go against him. I'd literally find my cabinet filled with fruit punches if I did.

" Have you spoken to the Reid's? You know, the family you were marrying from?" I turned around to see him strolling into the living room with his two hands in his pockets.

After a sigh, I placed my glass back on the shelf and toyed with the unopened bottle before me.

" I'm scared of what Mr Reid may have to say"