28- Weakpoint

Iris's pov

He doesn't know?

He doesn't know if he was gonna just disappear?

" But you were gonna find louie on your own. You didn't even deem it fit to tell me? Or even provide a feedback on your meeting with Mr Reid? Nothing??"

  He couldn't give me an answer because the room was dead silent and all i could hear was the sound of Diane's footsteps walking into another room that looks to me like the kitchen.

  Hunter wasn't even looking me in the eye. His both hands gripped the table before him and he looked at whatever paper was spread out on it.

" Hunter I asked a question"

" Calm it down Pillis, you sound like an over possessive wife" Diane said as she sauntered out of the kitchen to stand by Hunter's side.

" Her name's Iris and she has every reason to be angry" He started and then looked to me " I'm sorry for not giving you feedback, I just got overwhelmed by everything I found out that I really didn't know how to tell anyone except dad"

" So the mother of the child shouldn't have known about the new developments?" If speech was visible, developments in my question would've been an image of Diane.

" Iris its a lot okay? If i had told you everything, your chances of believing Louisa would someday come home could be zero to none"

  Zero to none. That was all I heard.

It resonated in my ear with a hundred echoes and suddenly the room became two times smaller and colder.

I could literally feel the goosebumps on my body rising and a quick drowsiness caught me.

I don't know if it was the fear or compilation of stress.

  " I need to sit down" I whispered to myself and walked towards the nearest chair I could find and tried to relax by shutting my eyes.

  Then everywhere was dead silent again. Asides from the tension, there was also a slight awkwardness in the atmosphere. Hunter's behaviour seemed uncanny. Like not only did he plan to disappear without telling me.

But he hoped to be successful at it.

  The ceiling fan was the only sound anyone could easily hear, besides my thumping heart which could actually be due to my lightheadedness.

I think I may be coming down with something.

" What did Mr Reid tell you?" I asked but still kept my eyes shut. I was feeling incredibly dizzy too.

No one answered my question. If anything, it seemed like I hadn't asked anything at all.

  That was when I opened my eyes and looked towards the direction Hunter and Diane were standing hoping to get an answer or even an explanation to why I couldn't get an answer.

" Hunter I asked a question"

"You're annoying" Diane uttered with a look of irritation on her face.

" Excuse you, but I asked someone else my question"

"And can't you see he's actually too busy to deal with your petty questions at the moment"

That was when I looked at him and noticed how he was only observing the both of us. No comments.

" Then he should have said something to explain himself no matter how brief"

" No wonder he didn't want you to come along. You're annoying"

" I'm annoying?? I'm annoying because I don't want to be left out of the loop?" I started but now Hunter deemed it right to speak up.