Chapter 51- virtually

Third person p.o.v

The two of them hadn't said a word throughout the entire flight to each other but it didn't seem like they wanted to either.

It was a brief flight actually, shorter than Iris had expected it to be. She had planned for at least seven hours in the air but eventually in an hour one of the men had come to notify Hunter that they would soon be landing.

She wasn't complaining, if anything she was grateful for the duration.

She didn't know how she would have contained her fumes towards Hunter if the ride took much longer.

The moment the aircraft touched the hangar and the doors were opened; Iris was the first to get off the plane. Every other person who had been on the flight exchanged looks between themselves and Hunter who had a crestfallen appearance.

"Mr. McConnell, the jet would be returned back as soon as possible based off Mr. Reid's orders" said the pilot the moment he stepped out of the control room.

"Send my gratitude" came Hunter's brief reply and he alighted from the plane.

Iris stood at the far end of the area talking with one of the ladies she had met in the jet.

Frantically asking her a few questions like 'where they were' and 'where they're headed from here'

While she was stuck in her conversation a vehicle pulled up into the area and parked slightly close to where Hunter stood. It was a vehicle he was expecting so no one flinched in surprise, asides Iris that is.

She's seen a lot happen from cars these days to think idly of any one she saw.

The driver's door of the car opened and a lady stepped out feet first from the car. She had a mask on but her figure and curves were enough to identify.

She and Hunter had a conversation for a while alongside two other men while she watched and tried to pick up what they were saying even though she failed woefully at that.

A few more words were exchanged before the lady took off her mask and handed over the car keys to hunter who in turn took control of the steering as he revved the engine to life.

The lady took long elegant strides to where Iris stood and extended her right arm for a handshake.

"I'm Lola, nice to meet you. You should be joining Mr. Hunter in the vehicle, he'd leave soon" she said whilst they shook hands and immediately began making her way to the jet once she was done.

And as told, Iris walked hastily to the car but made sure she took the back seat. Hunter only viewed her from his rear-view mirror and began driving.

Deep down she wanted him to say something because she was in the mood for a back lash.

But luckily for him, he didn't.

The journey went on as quiet as expected.

Meanwhile, somewhere across the other side of the town.

Santiago, Jeanie, Louisa and Colby had also made their way into Da Lat successfully and abandoned the vehicle long before they arrived.

Louisa was seated in an upright position and extremely drained from the past few days but at least she had eaten a meal so far and was engaged in a conversation with Colby.

They all had no place to stay but Jeanie made plans to lodge them in a hotel while she and Santiago disguise as a couple with their daughter Louisa, they'll sneak in Colby later at night just in case they're tracked down to the hotel room the number of occupants wouldn't be suspicious.

It was already late in the evening, everyone and by everyone, I mean everyone was already exhausted.

A lot has been going on.

But it seems like this is virtually only the beginning.