24- Right

Hunter's p. o. v.

" Wow" that was all I could say.

Heck, that was all I could think of.

" A day I'd prefer to delete from my memory " Mr Reid said with a sigh in his voice

" but I don't get it, how didn't this make the news? " With a personality as popular as his, trolls could have dug this up a long time ago.

" We thought our plan through. Jackson town was a really small town, we chose the night of our wedding anniversary because we wedded on thanksgiving day. Most families in the area were always out during that period plus with a little back up connection here and there, we were advertly secured"

Well to be fair, Mr Reid has enough links to begin the third world war if need be.

" Have you guys reached out to Meredith ever since? " No matter how cold hearted I may seem, I definitely felt hurt for the poor girl.

" My son keeps in touch with a secured line once in a while. And I make sure to send enough money to my cousin through some hidden channel best known to me for her upkeep. But heavens know I'd rather have her back with me again "

  And I felt the exact same way in my own scenario. I want my daughter back.

" A secured line?  He knows?  And which of your sons? "

"Mason. Yes he's aware and that's enough back story I suppose. The truth is, Pedro can only surface when be desperately wants his daughter back and I think he's using you as a bait"

" how? "

" You bring him Meredith on time, he gives you your daughter alive. Though Louisa being alive isn't a guarantee that he'd let you live. You killed his brother "

" Was I supposed to let him kill me?!  Why is everyone so judgmental? "

" well, in actual sense. Yes. You were supposed to let him kill you. That's what you get for joining a clan you know nothing about " This sounded a lot like a father scolding his son for rebellion.

" But I'm not dead and all I want is louisa Please "

" I know." Mr Reid pulled open another drawer and brought out a sealed file " Everything you're gonna use to travel is here. Once you get to your destination, call the three numbers you see on the third slip. Those are my spies and guides, they're gonna help watch your back and track Soldo"

" Travel? "

" Yes son.  You're going to go get Soldo yourself to prove how serious you are"

" Alone?  They'd skin me"

" No.  Not alone. You'd be working with my crew" a knock came on the door and I was a little frightened.

"Come in" he replied to the knock and shortly after, Mary strode in wearing an all black attire from head to toe.

Mr Reid had a brilliant smile on his face as she walked towards us.

" Hunter, meet the head of my crew" he said and gestured his hand towards his daughter who in turn acknowledged me with a nod.

I nodded back but then a thought hit me.

"What about Diane? "

" I think we shouldn't trust her, but make her feel we do" Mr Reid suggested and his words left me a lot more confused

" I don't understand "

" Work with her, get information from her but never divulge the one you know"

" She'd pick on it"

" If she really wants to help, she wouldn't mind"

" what if she's working for him"

" I think we'd figure that out with time, for now be wary"

  I nodded in affirmation because his plan seemed like the best.

" I haven't heard from Michelle in a while, is she okay?  She isn't answering my calls"

" She really isn't in the best of moods. Her wedding was trashed and her supposed husband ran away with the daughter of his secretary that kept calling him daddy " Mr Reid said with a smirk as he watched me.

" uhm.. " no viable explanation was surfacing.

I'm pretty sure I looked like a deer caught in headlights. If at all he had to find out I had a daughter, it shouldn't be this way.

  But he didn't seem quite offended. If anything, Mr Reid actually found my reaction amusing.

" I had a guess that she was yours the moment I set my eyes on her in that flower girl outfit. The resemblance is really spitting, though I didn't expect you'd use your own daughter for another wedding "

" it's a really long story I guess" I scratched the back of my head out of nervousness but Mary who was seated silently by my side let out a cough that seemed like she was trying to cover up a laugh.

" I'm guessing she's from your secretary " Mr Reid said with a wider smirk this time.

" its not exactly what you think, I swear. Its a really long story"

" Stop being so defensive son. There's always time to hear the story later. But for now, I'd like to lavish in my thoughts "

He's still smirking!!

I groaned and stood to my feet. " I think I should get going "

" Yeah, you should. Mary would be traveling with you but through another means. She'd reach out to you once she's there " he said and Mary nodded.

" that's fine"

" oh and hunter..  Two more things"

" oh God.. Please tell me it isn't something else that would give me a heart attack, I've learnt a little too much today" I was silently crying in my heart, this is enough fear a man can hold.

Mr Reid found my reaction amusing once again.

Apparently, my distress has become a source of entertainment.

" No kid. No harsh news. I was about to tell you to inform your father about everything and your travels. Then the second thing, call Diane.. Meet up with her, let's see how things go from there"

" this is equivalent to sending me into a lions den" I narrowed my eyes as my heartbeat increased in anticipation of the drama ahead.

" Diane is a girl, I think you can take her on. You killed Matthias anyway " he added a shrug

" I was referring to my father"

" In that case, you have all my blessings. Go well son"

  With a groan I turned around and walked out to face my fate. It was now or never.

But that determination didn't stop me from hearing Mr Reid laugh softly at my fear.

As soon as I shut his door behind me, I picked up my phone and dialed a number I dreaded calling at this hour

After three rings, he answered the call.

" Hello? "

" Hello dad?  Are you at home? "

" well yes, where else would I be? "

" okay. I'm on my way home now, I just met with Mr Reid and I have a lot to tell you"

  There was a brief silence on the phone before he replied my sentence.

" why do I feel like what you're about to tell me is going to be really scary? "

  I couldn't help but chuckle a little.

" You may be right "

A√N

Merry Christmas fam💖💖

I love you all..

Much love and banana thoughts 🍌
12:05pm