25- Ride

Iris's P. O. V.

It was already late evening when Mrs Phoebe, Meredith and I arrived back at the McConnell household. My eyes had been swollen and red from all the tears I had been shedding despite Mrs Phoebe's words and merediths efforts to console me.

A smile didn't just feel right, I needed my baby back.

We climbed up the porch and I did the honors of knocking. It was only a few seconds before Megan came peeping through the eye hole and threw the door open as soon as she could.

" Thank goodness you're okay " she said as she looked me in the eye knowing fully well that I had been crying but I guess she doesn't want to mention it.

I gave a very brief smile before by stepping her and walking into the house, leaving her to exchange pleasantries with the guests I had brought over.

" My lord.. I was so worried. I'm so sorry if I said something wrong yesterday, I just.. I kinda overstepped my b-" Hunter's mom was seated in the living room and the moment she set her eyes on me she jumped to her feet tried to apologize but I had to cut her short.

" No.. Its nothing. He's your son and one way or the other you deserved to know, so you did nothing wrong. I just wanted to get away for a while " I replied and managed to give another brief smile before heading towards the stairs.

I could still hear the clatter of discussions going on downstairs, and from the sound of it, it seems like everyone had all gathered in the sitting room to meet the guests.

It was an opportunity to hop into the shower and take a really long bath.

While in the bathroom, little flashes of Louie kept going through my mind. I easily remembered the day she had said her first word.

Megan's grandma and I had gone shopping and I definitely carried her along. We went looking for a new set of pyjamas for Louisa, so when we got to the store we had seen so many outfits which we liked but didn't know which to select.

Mrs Holly had made a joke of how she wished Louisa was old enough to choose for herself and I playfully decided to give it a try.

We watched her scan the outfits as possible as she could and after a small cute smile, she uttered the word "buu" even though she was looking at the color black.

And that was how Louisa got her blue-black onesie.

She loved that outfit so much that when she got bigger than it, she wore it on her favorite teddy.

Jiggles was the sexiest teddy bear to have ever walked the surface of the earth, according to Megan.

I smiled but a tear rolled down my face once again. So many little thoughts were causing quakes in my head.

I think I'm more bothered about if she had eaten breakfast or if she isn't being sexually molested than she being brought home. Not that I don't want her home with me but I just want her safety wherever she is.

I wasn't so sure how long, but I'm certain it could pass for an hour on how long I had been in the bathroom. Crying really helps whilst away time.

It was time to come out and most certainly ask about the progress to the case. So far no one had told me anything about bringing Louie back and it was particularly disturbing.

Hunter said he had a meeting with Mr Reid today, even if it wasn't successful the least he can do is to tell me how far plans have gone.

After cleaning up and putting on a plain blue T-shirt with black joggers, I left my bedroom to go find Hunter, or at least anyone who could help me out with what's going on.