19- Eyes

Hunter's p.o.v.

' you have reached The Reid's voicemail, please leave a message after the b-'

I put off the call before I was given the chance to record the message.

Don't get me wrong, sure the message I've got to deliver is important but the problem with voicemails is that it's a hundred percent traceable to its source.

And with my latest discovery on how my tails being watched, I can't risk it.

Heavens know that the moment I lay my hands on whosoever is the snitch in our home, I'm gonna personally behead them.

I dial Mr Reid's number one more time and I listened to it ring..

" come on... come onnnn....." the words came out like a mantra as I used my left hand to control the steering wheel while the other held the phone to my ear.

' you have reached The Reid's voicemail, pl-'

"Arrghhh!!" I tossed my phone to the passenger seat and used both hands to now control the wheels as I increased my speed to get home a lot quicker than intended.

My mind whirling around the conversation that Diane and I had. Honestly, trusting Soldos daughter can either be the biggest mistake of my life or the best thing I have ever done.

But that looks like a risk too big to take. If it was only my life I wouldn't bother listening to her.

But Louisa...

She was helplessly dragged into this all because of me. For pete's sake, must I always have a way of hurting Iris even when I don't want to!?

My eyes temporarily glanced to the passengers seat once again and landed on the tiny tube bottle containing Louisa's blood.

'He's gonna drain her, syringe by syringe'

I wish Diane had put those words a lot lighter than she did, but of course she knows who her dad is. She ain't gonna sugarcoat a thing for me so I could face the reality.

How in the world am I gonna tell Iris that they're taking her daughters blood till she's dead?

Fuck! What is wrong with the world!!??

I slammed my hand on the steering wheel out of anger and it mistakenly presses the horn, causing a few cars to swerve far away from me and attracting a few odd looks from people who were going by foot.

I didn't care how they looked at me, with the way I was driving I'm pretty sure they all think I'm drunk.

And that ain't no lie though.

I'm drunk in troubles!

I look to the passengers seat again and see the test results. Just as she had said, her phone number was scribbled behind it. I had checked as soon as I got into my car after our 'date'

I didn't even eat a thing as we were in there. Everyone looked too suspicious. The waiter who was sent to get the non existent coke never returned, possibly realizing that we were on to him.

My eyes have been all three hundred and sixty degrees all evening, I can't get myself killed. If I do no one's gonna bail Louisa out for me.

' Hunter my dads got eyes everywhere on you '

' I know, I'm just too fucking scared. What if I get murdered before I even have a chance to find Soldo?'

' I don't know.. I honestly have no idea what my dads got planned, but you should know fully well that you cannot go to the police '