14- Missed

Hunter's p.o.v.

I stepped into the office with practical everyone in there greeting their good mornings and giving me eyes of pity. Not surprised that they had heard the news too, the media didn't really give enough options to hide it.

  Yeah, my dad had forgotten to call in telling everyone to take the week off. So I had to do it personally today.

Even after I was seated, some employees walked up to my office to practically pay their condolences. I wouldn't have liked it on a normal day but seeing it was just to show how much they cared, I actually thanked them for it.

Most had shown concern for the whereabouts of Iris, I easily told them that she was alright. Although hiding the part where she had quit her job.

Today, I really didn't know what to do. I didn't have a secretary and seeing as the rest weren't aware, a schedule wasn't prepared for me. So all I did was go through my planner, hopefully to know what I'd be doing in the office for next week till I found another secretary.

So as I was sorting out whether to have a meeting with Harley and Porters next week, I heard the sound of my door swing open.

And there are practically only two people in this life who'd do that.

Firstly, there's Iris. Who undoubtedly had resigned so she couldn't be the one.

Hence that could only mean...

" Dude, aren't you supposed to be like, dead or something?" Chance's voice made it's way to my ear, clearly meaning my second guess was totally correct.

" Unfortunately I'm not " I replied with a grin as he walked up to me and we exchanged a Bro handshake before we both took our seats.

" How's you holding up? You know.. with Louisa gone and all?" He asks carefully like he's afraid that he's touching a soft spot.

Surprisingly he is.

" First of all, she isn't gone. She's temporarily been kidnapped" I corrected.

" That's the same thing " Chance shrugged as he lifted a brow and leaned into his chair.

" No. Gone makes it sound like she's dead which she definitely isn't " I sigh and run a hand through my hair.

There was a few seconds of silence before he spoke up again.

" Are we still dealing with Soldo? Or there's a money starved individual trying to ask for a ransom?"

I thought about that too and funny how I actually wished that was the situation, but this smells too clean not to be Soldo's doing.

Plus if it was a civilian seeking for ransom, we should have gotten a call by now.

" I strongly believe it's Soldo, I mean... Louisa got abducted right under my roof at the exact moment of the bomb scare"

" Funny how this happened as soon as you realized she's your daughter. It looks like he knew and was just patiently waiting for the right time to strike " Chance said with a chuckle but his laughter came to an abrupt pause as soon as a look of analysis crossed his face.

And trust me, it's not often that look crosses his face.

" I'm sorry if I may be heightening your tension but I think you've got a spy living with you " he says with wide eyes like he's expecting me to retort and prove him wrong but when I didn't he jumped to his feet.

" Hunter you have got to be kidding me!"

" I figured it out too, I'm still silently praying for it to be false but if not..."