29- Men

Before reading the next chapter.. Follow me on inkitt.❤

Iris's pov

"Have you got the gun? I can't find it anywhere"

I heard Diane from my slumber and the object she was looking for basically rang an alarm in my senses.

They were in the living room, and with how dark outside still looked through thr window at the other side of the room I can swear I had slept for only two minutes.

And I had a terrible headache

" I'm with mine, haven't set eyes on yours since you arrived" Hunter replied so casually like they were talking about a day old casserole that had gone missing.

" I swear to God, I know I had it on me few hours ago"

" It could be in your luggage or something, I'm gonna wake Iris up. We should be heading out now"

I heard his footsteps approach the room before he pushed the door open softly like he was trying not to jolt me from my sleep.

" Iris?"

" I'm up. What time is it?"  I asked as I slowly stood to my feet and walked towards the window.

"Should be a few after three" he replied and paused for a while before speaking again. " We're ready to go, you okay?"

I only nodded in response and he gestured for the door with his head. Knowing what the instruction meant, I followed suit.

He walked faster to get ahead of me and we got to the living room.

" Diane, we set?"

She whipped around and met my eyes before looking to Hunter. " Yeah we are. Morning Iris"

The fact she got my name correctly seemed like a red flag to me.

"Lets go"

She nudged Hunter and we began heading out.

Just like yesterday, the night was purely windy and I found myself wishing I had brought at least a hoodie or a sweater or something of sort.

The weather wasn't friendly.

A car was parked out front and to say I was surprised was an understatement, no cars were parked around the neighbourhood yesterday so where did this come from?

Diane and Hunter seemed entirely calm about the whole thing so I guessed I should be calm too.

Keyword, guess.

For all I know I could be hallucinating, I'm sure as hell still sleepy.

" Iris, you ride shotgun" Diane says as she hops into the backseat of the car.

" Errr-no. I'll be at the back. You can take my seat"

There's no way I'll peacefully ride in the front seat with the spawn of soldo happily chilling behind me.

She could strangle me for all I know.

" Is there a problem riding with Hunter?" She asked and I looked to Hunter to find him looking at me too.

" If she wants the backseat then Diane, you come forward" Hunter finally says while entering the drivers seat " we don't have much time" he continued.

" We can stay together then" she said, scooting away and tapping the space which she had created.

" Only if I'm holding a knife" I muttered under my voice but I think Hunter heard it clearly because he started laughing.

" Diane please come to the front" he said through a partly managed smile.