Chapter 33 Part 3

Chapter 33 Part 3

The guard's cautious tone awakens Jalal from his sunken thoughts. "Hazoor, the chief Agent Shahid Faizi would like to see you." Jalal's expression changed to attentive; without delay, he called him inside. Shahid, with courtesy, bowed down three-time and said, "Aadab Huzoor E Ala."

"Aadab," Jalal paused and came to the point directly in a vindictive tone; his pent-up anger was visible. "Shahid, tell me you got some clue."

Shahid got nervous seeing the King's scowl and clipped tone; it took him longer than expected. "Shahenshah, please forgive me; it took me three weeks, but yes, I have some reliable information to share. As per your doubt, we went to Healer's helper, Wahida's village; your suspicion was accurate. All of a sudden, in three months, her lifestyle changed drastically. Her husband has purchased farming land and a bigger house, also he hired maids at home. The spy working for the Healer informed that Wahida is planning to leave work and go back to the village."

Finally, after many days, a little smile crawled on the King's lips, and his eyes sparkled with new hopes. His doubt got confirmed that she is involved with Maham Anga. Slowly the dark clouds moved out, and again soothing winds started to blow in his favor.

"Good work, Shahid; take one week off and spend time with your family." His emotionless face sparkled with a faint smile with appreciative words.

Hearing admiration Shahid felt content, but it was shocking when the King himself gave him one week's leave. He had never seen this compassion in his eyes before. His one-sentence touched his heart. Shahid bowed down, three-time with gratitude and said, "Thank you, Huzoor E Ala."

Jalal sends eight guards to summon Healer's helper Wahida to his chamber. When she entered Jalal's chamber, she was shivering and sweating out of fear.

Jalal, sitting on his encrusted throne; his piercing enraged eyes scanned at Wahida. In a thick voice, he asked, "What is your name?"

"Wa..hi..da," She stammered.

Jalal asked in a restrained, composed tone, "How would you like to die, Wahida???" he paused to see her reaction.

Her eyes widened at his statement, and her face turned ashen.

Suddenly he got up from his chair and busted with a loud roar, "Would you like me to choke your neck till you die?" His eyes widened, a red haze fumed from his body, he ran towards her, in the flick, he gripped her from the throat, in a dangerously low voice he asked again, "Tell me how would you like to die, you have killed the heir of this sultanate. You have killed my unborn child. How dare you, you bitch???" His voice got louder and louder, and his grip on her neck got more robust, "Tell me, who else was involved in this conspiracy. No one can save you now; not even Maham Anga can protect you." Jalal pushed her towards the ground so she could explain.

As soon as she heard Maham Anga, her mind stopped making schemes, and she lost all courage. Instantly she realized Shahenshah knows everything. With tears and sobs, Wahida broke down in front of him. While crying, she begged for her life, "Huzoor E Ala, mercy, please forgive me." She repeated a few times then continued in a broken tone, "Shahenshah, please forgive me. I am not your real culprit. I just arranged the drug, but I have not killed the heir of this sultanate. Queen Rukaiya has played you and the sultanate. She lied to everyone that she was pregnant, but she never conceived a child in her womb. My heart would never allow me to kill a child. I believe in giving life, not taking life from anyone; please trust me, Shahenshah, my conscience would never allow me to do Gunah-E-Azam (unforgivable) crime. Yes, I made a mistake in my hunger for money; to fulfill my dreams, I got trapped in Wazir-E-Alia's conspiracy. I didn't realize what could happen if this drug falls into the wrong hands. I didn't know what plan they were making until Queen Jodha got punished. I even went to Wazir-E-Alia, but she threatened me that she would kill my child and husband if I open my mouth. No doubt. I am the mother of a three-year-old child; how could I kill an unborn child."