Chapter 35 Part 2

Chapter 35 Part 2

After two days with a minimal break, Jodha reached the desert dunes close to home. As requested, the camel arranged for the Queen Jodha. Her eyes sparkled seeing the never-ending mountain of glowing orange sand. The last most brutal twenty miles gave her the nostalgic feel of homecoming.

The hot desert winds flowed past her dupatta as she slanted side by side on top of the camel. Constant silence of the desert sunk into her spirit and her subconscious queried, 'what you did is right, Jodha? Without thinking, without informing, you walked out like a coward just because of one horrible dream and ominous indications?'

'When it comes to his life, nothing matters; if I had told him why I want to remarry, he wouldn't allow me. He never believed in evil-omen or a superficial thing; on the contrary, he gets mad and upset who has faith in it. He wouldn't understand my point of view.'

Her mind probed again, 'What if he doesn't come to Amer in retort?'

Without hesitation, her heart rebutted with confidence, 'No matter what, he will arrive. He loves me way more than his anger. He will come, but maybe with a heavy heart.'

The King of Amer Raja Bharmal sat on his throne; the special court was occupied with his chief prime officers and crown prince Bhagwan das. The latest news about Pratap joining hands with the Bhil tribal people and training and recruiting them in his army shocked everyone. While this vital discussion was going on, the guard rushed inside, and without waiting for King's approval, he informed, in a loud and exciting tone, "Rajaji, Princess Jodha has arrived."

King got up from his throne and inquired again to verify, "What???"

"Ji Rajaji, Princess Jodha is in Queen Mainavati's apartment." His voice was much sharper and louder.

With King Bharmal and four princes stormed off the meeting between and dodged towards Queen Mainavati's apartment.

The older man sprinted from the courtroom to his Queen's apartment while breathing heavily. Six months he masked his worry and acted brave, but today, his tears betrayed him when he saw his dear daughter hugging his mother.

He opened his arm, and in a vulnerable voice, he called, "Jodha,"

The feeble sound of his father and teary eyes shook her, "Oh Bapusa," words spilled in a whisper; she paced up with open arms and hid inside his broad chest.

The sudden arrival of Jodha brought joy and happiness to Amer palace, similar to Agra palace. Of course, both parents scolded Jodha for not coming to her maayka Amer in her difficult time instead of hiding herself in the jungle.

Jodha tried to explain her point of view, but none of her clarification justified worried parents. As always, the pampered princess beheld at Dadisa and silently pleaded to help.

"Bharmal, Mainavati, stop scolding my Jodha. Don't you see she has lost so much weight?" Dadisa scolded the King. "Come, my child." She hugged Jodha and said, "I am so happy to see you safe and healthy."

After an hour, when everyone settled down, Jodha informed her family how Jalal found her and told them how she came to Amer without telling him and leaving a letter behind. She also expressed to everyone about her wish to get remarried with Jalal.

After hearing Jodha's dramatic act, Mainavati lectured, "Jodha, how could you leave your husband like this and take such a colossal step? What if Shahenshah gets upset with you..."

"My dear Masa, you have not changed a bit; why do you worry all the time? I am sure Shahenshah won't be upset with me." Jodha replied in a casual tone while praying Kanah, 'save me from Jalal wrath.'