Chapter 29 Part 1

Next day In Diwan E Khaas

The entire court was filled with many officers, administrators, royal Navaratnas, priests, maulvis, Begum-e-Khaas Rukaiya, Vajire Aliya Maham Manga, Subedar Sharifuddin, Adham Khan, Maryam Makani Hamida Bano.

Chapter-29

DWK continued

The announcement was made for Shahenshah E Hindustan's arrival.

He walked into Diwan E Khaas with Royal Grace; his eyes roamed around to greet individuals. When he saw the vacant seat of Malika-e-Hindustan, his heart filled with sadness. He kept his grace and sat on to the throne. He was seated at DWK, but his mind blanked out, and lost in her thoughts - "Why she didn't come even after my request???" that thought made him restless.

Today time was testing his patience. The first time in DWK, his nervousness was visible on his face. His heart sank, thinking she will never come to the court. But soon, he heard the announcement for the arrival of Malika E Hindustan; instantly, his pale face glowed up. His lips smeared with a wide smile. His heart skipped many beats in excitement. The instant his eyes laid on Jodha walking inside the diwan, he got up from the throne and walked towards her.

Seeing his desperate act, he surprised everyone in the court. Even Jodha was also stunned by his behavior. Rukaiya and Maham both thought after horrible, Jodha will never dare to come back to the court but instead, the way Jalal welcomed and greeted her back in the court, their heart burned with fire inside.

It took a few seconds, Jalal realized, seeing everyone shocked expression, what he had done in his excitement. But still, with pride and smile on his face, he held her hand and walked with her. They both sat next to each other on the throne.

As always, Atgah sahib got up to start the Diwan e Khas (Court) proceedings, but before he could continue, Jalal got up and paused him, then with the commanding tone he announced- "What I am going to do today, this palace has never seen in its history. In front of the entire court today, the king of the kings Shahenshah E Hindustan, Jalalludin Mohammad, will apologize for the gravest mistake he has ever made. A few days ago, all of you probably remember Malika-e-Hindustan Queen Jodha gave a verdict on her first case from her heart, against the Mughal laws. Her decision was very wisely based on her long vision for the family. She made everyone understand that rules are made for our convenience, and we should amend them as per requirement. She also gave an example that it is not fair to cut a five-year-old child's hand if he steals bread in hunger. Cutting his hand will be a cruel punishment. Her explanation extremely hurt my ego and directly pounded on my pride in being a great emperor. I felt insulted and thought that she tried to prove me wrong. I felt she is stepping on my self-esteem. I was distraught with her decision, so I insulted her in front of the entire court in anger. So today, in front of the entire court, I am asking her for forgiveness for my impervious mistake."

She got shocked by the apology in front of the entire court. Her eyes got filled with tears. She held his hands, and with overwhelming eyes expression, she wholeheartedly accepted his apology.

Jalal cleared his throat and continued his speech- "Jodha Begum's purity, her truth, her sanity always showed me the mirror and broke me apart from my wrong principals... Because of her, today, I can see clearly how inappropriate and irrational some of my decisions. How unfair my acts of racism were towards my awam. She made me realize that I am the father of every person in this sultanate; I need to see every person as my child. I need to see them neutrally as a father does for all his children.

Last month, I was not ready to accept my faults. I was confused; to clear my mind, I visited some villages as a commoner. Then it came to my attention how dependent I was? How my people manipulated the law? Now I can see clearly what my sultanate needs. Well, it's never too late to rectify your errors. Before, I was proudly saying to everyone Jalaluddin Muhammad is heartless, but today I have learned humanity, and my heart started to beat for my awam. There is a tale behind every successful man; there is a strong and wise woman; Queen Jodha has proved it right. Queen Jodha is behind my first step towards success. What I am going to announce now will become history for tomorrow. It will be written with golden ink."