Chapter 29 Part 2

(it's a small chapter.)

Chapter 29 Part 2

"Jodha, today I have many commitments; I will be very busy with the tax committee; also, some delegates are coming from Delhi. As per your advice, I have to build up an emergency disaster committee, and tonight will be the first meeting. I won't be free till late at night."

"Oh... so an entire day, and even in the night you are busy, then when will you eat." She asked concernedly.

Seeing her disappointed, he responded, "After meeting Badi Ammi, I will have lunch with you in your chamber, go and arrange for our lunch?"

Jodha replied with excitement, "Oh... Really"

Jalal jested, "Yes, my dear queen Really."

After a long time, finally, his love came back to his life. He felt much lighter even though political drama just began. With a pleasant smile, he entered Maham's chamber. His smile vanished, seeing tears in Maham's eyes.

Jalal hesitantly asked, "Badi Ammi, Are you all alright? Please don't cry; what have you done to yourself?" He sat next to her and warmly hugged her, and sadly stated, "Badi Ammi, I didn't mean to hurt you."

Maham hugged Jalal with teary eyes while sobbing; she mumbled, "Jalal, please pardon me, I had no right to beg for Adham's life."

Jalal's heart shattered, seeing her vulnerable condition. He broke the hug and wiped her tears, and said, "Badi Ammi, Please understand Adham had left no option for me. How many times I have warned him, but he continues to disobey my orders, and become his habit now. He has done everything I am against; he threatened Awam, punished innocent people, raped women. Against my order, arrested refugee soldiers sent them to prison and brutally hurt them. He did every crime I am firmly against, but thank God for your request; I didn't kill him. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to see in your eyes.

Jalal stated with a stiff tone, "Badi Ammi, control Adham, this is the last time I have forgiven him. Next time my sword won't stop."

Maham could feel his burning rage; she murmured, "Shahenshah, I will try to make him understand." she paused and continued with her sweet, buttery tone, "Jalal, I am so proud of your announcement today. I feel like kissing your forehead. Today's announcement made me so proud."

For Jalal, Maham's approval was significant; he felt much relieved that she approved of his declaration. Jalal replied with assuredly, "Badi Ammi, no one can take the place that you hold in my heart. No one can even touch it or come close to it. It's because of you only that I am even alive today, and because of your guidance, I am standing at this position today."

Jalal warmly greeted before leaving, "Have a good day, "Badi Ammi Aadab. It's time for my lunch now."

After talking to Maham, he felt relieved and fresh. He was too excited to see Jodha for Lunch.

Without any announcement, he entered her chamber, saw Jodha was busy in preparation. He excitedly asked, "So Queen Jodha, what have you arranged for my lunch today."

Jodha welcomed him with a courteous smile and answered. "I am glad you are here."

After washing his hands, Jalal sat on a chair to eat; Jodha was standing next to him and holding the flap fan.

Jalal surprisingly asked, "Queen Jodha, what are you doing? Aren't you going to eat, and I don't need the fan; the weather today is so nice."

Jodha timidly responded, "Shahenshah, please, you continue eating. I would love to take care of your needs; that's my wifely duty. I enjoy doing that."

Jalal ordered, "Fine, then being your husband, I'm ordering you to sit next to me and eat with me."

Jodha, with annoyance, "There is no use arguing with you because at the end you win; then she sat next to his chair to eat lunch.

Jalal took a piece of sweet and fed her; they both ate lunch with sweet arguments. After finishing their lunch, both of them sat on the opposite sofa to relax.

While talking, Jodha suddenly said in a sincere tone, "Shahenshah, I want to talk to you about something significant..."

Seeing her serious expression, he replied worriedly, "Yes, tell me, Jodha."

Jodha nervously said, "I don't know how to tell you.....you might get angry with me and won't even trust me, but it's my duty to tell you what's in my heart.

Jalal anxiously replied, "Jodha, now you are terrifying me. Just tell me openly whatever it is."

Jodha hesitantly responded, "Please, Shahenshah, don't be upset at me, but I think Badi Ammi doesn't want me to come close to you. In fact, I'm very sure that she is the one who wrote that letter to Sujamal bhaisa. She was the one who gave me that letter and made sure that I can quickly leave the palace, and I guess she shared the news with you that I went out of the palace. I don't understand that she treats you like a son on one side, yet on the other side, she doesn't think twice before hurting you. what kind of a woman she is...)

Jalal's face was turning serious to angry with each word of Jodha. he shouted. "Enough, don't utter another word; I don't want to hear anymore. Even if God himself came and said that my Badi Ammi conspired against me, I would still not believe.

Jodha got shocked after seeing his reaction and blind trust in Maham. She fumbled a little, but she continued defensively, "Please, Shahenshah, listen to me; I haven't finished what I wanted to say. I know how much you respect her, but today I have I want to clarify my doubts. When I was waiting for you on our first night, she was the one who gave you that sleeping medicine. Last week when you were injured, the Hakim has given you the same drug. He clarified that Vajire Aliya Maham Anga had ordered the same type of medication a few days ago. I don't know if you will believe it or not, but I am sure she has two faces. I don't trust her at all.

Jalal yelled again, "Enough... Not even a single word. How could you, Jodha, today you have crossed all limits. I cannot believe you have such low thinking about Badi Ammi. It's very shameful, I know she doesn't like Hindu people, but that doesn't mean just to hurt you; she would hurt me to this extreme. She is more than my mother to me; I trust her more than my mother, who gave birth. Today you have hurt me so much." He swiftly got up and said "Khuda Haafiz" (good goodbye) and walked out quickly from her chamber.

Jodha was stunned; she never knew that Jalal trusted Maham Anga to an extent.