Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Jalal was deeply lost in thoughts, her hazel melancholy eyes which were filled with sadness, and her constant tears haunted him... Abdul noticed Jalal's stress and worry on his face... Obviously, he was able to guess what debate was running in his mind... After Diwan E Khaas, the way he countered towards his beloved Empress, Queen Jodha and on the top his dry behavior in the morning was eating him inside. He behaved rudely for the sake of his bruised manly ego, but his heart was restless knowing he was wrong but his mind overruled him. In a silence both were riding on their horses while debating within. At last, Abdul decided to break the silence.

"Shahenshah, Can I ask you something if you don't mind, where are we going?" He asked in a formal tone.

"To find out the condition of the people." He answered in clipped tone

"What??? Why so suddenly?" Abdul was unable to veil his startled expression in his sound.

Jalal took a deep sighed out then stirred his gaze towards him and continued in a gentle tone, "Abdul I have spent many many years on the Warfield, to make sure my people are secured. While I was busy in expanding sultanate I have given majority administrative authorities to take the decision to Badi Ammi. I am very sure that she has done amazing work keeping my people pleased, even though I am certain and confident that my people are well content and happy under my protection, I want assurance it today, I need to hear it, I need to see how satisfied they are? I want to see the condition of my people, I want to see how common people spend their lives... After yesterday, it became a prime need for me to know what they think about me... I have worked so hard all these years to fulfill my duties... I want to see with my own eyes, do they really respect me out of love or out of fear? I have many questions in my mind which I need answers for, I want to know am I too harsh or heartless toward them?"

Abdul pulled rein all of a sudden, his horse crooned before stopping. "What??? That means we won't be back to the palace before afternoon..." He questioned in a shocking tone while looking bizarre.

Jalal with confused gaze countered "Yes... I don't think we will be back to the palace for two-three days. Don't worry I have arranged everything early in the morning but why you look so traumatized??? Am I forgetting something important???"

Abdul pulled his brow, disappointment laced over his face and his eyes widen in a shock "Seriously Shahenshah, you don't remember?"

"Don't annoy me, Abdul, what is so shocking?" Jalal asked irritated.

"Seems like you have forgotten about the grand function you have announced in the honor of Malika E Hindustan this afternoon. We have invited so many royal kings and administrators and your absence will be absolutely disrespectful not only for the Mughal Kingdom but in the honor of Malika E Hindustan as well. People will not only laugh at her but they will laugh at you too... the way you have pronounced and given her such a title and in just two days this drastic rejection from your side will be in the discussion for days."