Chapter 7

First of all, I would like to thank all readers for reading and voting. Thank you so much for your support.

Chapter 7

Mahamanga roared, "Quite!"

Her loud rumble echoed back a few times in the Diwan (courtroom), everyone got stunned with her sudden outburst, her shout zipped every single administrator and maulvi mouth.

After a pause, she yelled again at the top of her voice, "No one has any right to interfere in Shahenshah's personal life. Getting married to a Hindu Rajvanshi Princess was not a religious decision but a political one. Shahenshah has not violated any practices of our religion. Before pointing out your finger on Shahenshah, think twice; you can be punished for disrespecting the King of the kings."

Everyone stayed quiet, watching at Maham with wide eyes.

Adam Khan, Maham's only son, got up and evenly said, "There is one question I would like to ask to Shahenshah."

Maham glared at Adham and frustratingly thought, 'when will he learn to stay quiet and use his brain!!! Ya Khuda (Oh God)! ' She prayed silently.

Jalal's ferocious glared at Adham ignited him more anger and resentment. His jealousy and desire to be in Jalal's position dulled his brain. To gain respect in others' eyes, he decided to speak on behalf of others to prove Jalal was wrong to marry a Hindu princess. He continued arrogantly in a loud tone, "Every decision that is taken by the Shahenshah has an impact on everyone, including people in this court and common people who live under Mughal sultanate. Today, people are questioning his Shahenshah," he pointed towards Jodha, who was standing behind the curtain. "Why this filthy, impure, and low-class Hindu Rajvanshi is allowed to stay in Agra that too following her religion? How could you agree to this inferior women."

Hearing Adham's disrespectful words for Jodha, Jalal's temper went out of the roof, and he got up from his throne like a volcano erupt with fire; he pulled his sword out and shouted, "Adham!!! how dare you???" His roar echoed many times in everyone's ears, which startled the entire court into silence.

His sharp brown eyes turned dark and fuming bloody haze. Everyone got up from their chairs out of respect. Jalal furiously stared at Adham, then continued, "Adham, if you say one more word against queen Jodha then I will not spare you alive. Respect Queen Jodha; she is a Mughal queen now; disrespectful words against my queen will be considered a contempt of the Mughal saltant. I am expecting not only from you, but everyone in this court has to give respect to queen Jodha, otherwise be ready for the consequences." The entire court got terrified and froze seeing Jalal's anger towards Adham; this was the first time Jalal warned Adham with a commanding attitude in front of the whole court.

Adam responded curtly while looking down, "Your majesty, your order will be obeyed." and bowed down to Jalal and walked out of the court, clutching his fist heatedly.

Jalal looked at Jodha crossly as if all this happened because of her; seeing his petrifying anger, she shivered. While keeping his vehement stare, he yelled, "Court dismissed."

Jalal's angry gaze towards Jodha confused Rukaiya; she could not understand all these changes in Jalal. She could tell that something was brewing in Jalal's mind. On one side, he could not hear a word against her, and on another side, he was glancing at her meanly.

Rukaiya knew it was not advisable to immediately talk to him, so she gave him some time to cool him down, then she went to Jalal's chamber and saw his strained face and intensely lost in his thoughts.

Jalal's inner thoughts

Everything was happening so fast and unexpectedly that Jalal did not want to reveal Jodha's care to anyone. His ego was bruised, and his heart was still sore at her rejection, her bitter words, and piercing, disrespectful gaze was scorching his conscious.