Chapter 17

CHAPTER 17

"Shahenshah, did you hear the tapping sound of horse steps? Does it seem like it's headed towards us? "Jodha dreadfully slurred while stepping behind him; her face turned pale.

Jalal instantly pulled his sword out and got ready, and stiffened his back straight. He turned towards her; he could see the lines of worry crease her forehead. He assured her in a confident tone, "Don't worry, Jodha, when I am with you, you shouldn't worry about your safety; I can handle an entire army single-handed." By the time his sentence finished, they had viewed Abdul on the horse coming towards them. They both felt relieved and smiled.

Seeing Queen Jodha behind Jalal, holding his shoulder tightly, Abdul mischievously smirked at Jalal; his eyes were dancing with humor. He said in a bubbly tone, "Shahenshah, yours, and Queen Jodha's tent and dinner are ready."

A signature smile of mission accomplished smeared on his face. While looking at Jodha, Jalal replied, giving a hint, "Queen Jodha will stay in my tent tonight Abdul, plan accordingly."

"Sure!" Abdul looked at Jalal with a mysterious gaze, a cheerful smile curved his lips. His eyes sparkled with eagerness, "It will be arranged Shahenshah, but it is getting darker, and we are not much familiar with this region, so I request both of you for your safety that you should come back to the tent." Once again, Abdul beamed while looking at Jalal,

Jalal responded, approving, "I do agree with you, Abdul, we will come back in a little while, and I am aware that this area is very lonely; I will be cautious, but I would like to spend some alone time with my queen." He gave him a meaningful gaze and playfully simpered.

Abdul slightly nodded his head, then teasingly responded, "Hope you have a pleasant time, Shahenshah, see you soon." And left happily, Jalal could read in his eyes how content he was feeling seeing him pleased. The way Abdul and Jalal talked mysteriously, Jodha felt embarrassed and shy.

"Shahenshah, why did you said that you want to spend alone time with your Queen? What Abdul is going to think about us?" She whined while walking towards the big stone near the river.

"Oh... simple, he is going to think that we are going make love queen Jodha." He whispered in her ears, playfully.

"You are shameless." She pouted with a hint of blush on her face.

He smirked in jest while taking her hand in his.

"Queen Jodha, it is so pleasant and calm here" He sat on the golden sand, which was glowing in the last few rays of the sun, and drew her slightly to sit next to him. Both of them sat on the sand near the big rock next to each other while holding hands like two love birds. The soothing sound of water, chirping birds, and the peaceful wind was giving them serenity.

"I don't get enough time to enjoy the beauty of nature from my tiring routine." Jalal disappointedly mumbled while inhaling the freshness.

"Naturally, how can you spare time? You have so many queens to spend time with." Jodha sarcastically replied; sadness in her tone was evident of her jealousy.

He chuckled at her whiny tone. With a deep sighed out, he responded, "Jodha... I don't know what you have done to me; I love your jealousy too. Instead of getting irritated by your insecurity, I am enjoying the fear of losing me in your tone."

'Am I sounding that desperate that he is thinking I am envious? But I can't control my irritation and thinking; I logically assumed that he spends time with his other queens.'

"Why would I be jealous when I know for sure that you like me a lot? And, I don't want anything else, I even don't want any of your queens to know that you..." she stopped in between and felt nervous for admitting. Instantly, she moved her eyes from him to mask her emotion from him. She hugged her knees, embarrassedly.