Chapter 13 Part 3

Ranisa: Jodha's Monther (Queen Mainavati)

Jamaisa: Son in law (Jalal)

Sindoor: Sindoor is traditionally applied at the beginning or completely along the parting-line of a woman's hair (also called maang) or as a dot on the forehead ("bindi" in Hindi). Sindoor is the mark of a married woman in Hinduism. Single women wear the dot in different colors but do not apply sindoor in their maang. Widows do not wear sindoor, signifying that their husband is no longer alive. The sindoor is first applied to the woman by her husband on her wedding day; this is called the Sindoor Dana ceremony. After this, she applies it herself every day. (Wikipedia)

******************************************

Chapter 13 part 3

Queen Mainavati heard the complete conversation between Jodha and Jalal. The entire scenario got cleared in a moment. Now she understood why Jodha had altered so drastically. Why she was keeping herself away from everyone. Intense pain in her eyes; Deep sorrow on her face; Her silence; Her fake smile. All of the questions got answered within a second. Her eyes got filled with tears hearing the word 'whore' for a second her Rajvashi blood boiled up with fuming rage, but it cooled off in a second when she saw true regret in his eyes. she looked at the real side of Jalal. She could feel each of his words coming out of his heart, and each word was filled with penetrating guilt and repent for his action. Even though he is a king of kings, a Shahenshah, he bowed down and apologized wholeheartedly. His unstoppable tears were shouting out to her that he loves Jodha more than his life.

While walking out, Jodha overlooked Queen Mainavati, who was standing in the corner. Jodha ran out with a pool of tears in her eyes.

Jalal was completely traumatized by Jodha's reaction. He could sense that she has become like stone. There was not a single impact on her of his repentance and apology. Instead of love, her eyes sparkled at him with fire. His entire body froze when he comprehends that he has lost her forever. His entire world crashed down; he grasped that he will never get his Jodha back; her hatred towards him has vanished all of her feelings for him. He had no strength left to stand; his knees felt jello. He collapsed on the ground in a helpless, shaken, and traumatized condition. His face turned bloodshot red and tears were flowing like a constrain river flooding out freely. After seeing her stony eyes, his courage and faith to bring her back to Agra completely abolished, he had no other option left than leaving Amer and repent for his entire life.

About fifteen minutes later, Jalal felt someone's hand on his shoulder; it was Queen Mainavati.

He swiftly got up and turned towards the other side to hide his pitiful, weak condition from her. But in one glimpse, he observed her dreadful teary condition. He immediately grasped that she had heard the entire conversation.

Queen Mainavati sympathetically put her hand on Jalal's shoulder. "Jamaisa, (Son In law), I know you have made a grave unforgivable mistake; if I knew beforehand, I would have not even allowed you to step in my door." She said in a stern tone

"Please forgive me, Ranisa," Jalal mumbled in a low tone while lowering his gaze down with a gesture of guilt.

"Jamaisa, I have already forgiven you, just because I have seen your true shame and guilt for your deed. I can see you have put your ego aside and bend down, and accepted your mistake. But unfortunately, I can't say the same for Jodha; I don't know how she will forgive you. You have betrayed her trust. You have disgraced her and demeaned her the worst way any husband could do. Now it is your responsibility to win her trust back. You have to gather your strength back to conquest Jodha's heart once again. You have to give her some time; I can assure you that she still loves you, but she is smashed by your blames. To win her heart again will be the biggest challenge. Jodha is very stubborn, once she decides something, it's not easy to change her mind, but you are the only person who can smile back on her life. The only reason I still have a slight hope that she might," She paused and requested, "Come with me, Jamaisa."