Chapter 19

Chapter 19

It was like a dream come true for even a princess. She never thought he would go this far beyond her imaginations. He has indeed outdone himself to his excellence. His extra detailing and effort made her realize that he cares deeply for her. According to her liking, everything was every little detail of decoration, colors, flowers, candles, fragrances used, and most importantly, their beautiful painting. There was no need for assurance who planned this unique preparation. She felt serenity acutely by his unspeakable gesture; his love and care touched her. She never fabricated, even in her fantasy, that Jalal would change to such an extreme. Finally, her dream came true, to see deep love and longing for her not only in his eyes but in his action.

Before their marriage, Lila and Jodha used to spend hours discussing their desires for their life partner. But, after her marriage, all hopes and wishes were suppressed in her heart. But whatever she saw today was unpredictable and beyond her belief. She pinched herself to acknowledge if it were reality. Even after a pinch, it was unthinkable and hard for her to believe her own eyes. After seeing all this planning, her doubt got cleared that Jalal will spend the night with her, not with Rukaiya. Her heart was jumping profusely, and she was delighted with the feeling of absolute contentment. Tears of happiness gleamed in her doe-like hazel eyes, and her heartfelt content beyond any words, just out of this world. She wondered with a thought- "Where is Jalal??? He was supposed to be here to welcome me." Her eyes were constantly looking at the door for his arrival. 'He is the Shahenshah, so probably he might have gotten stuck in some urgent work. We have returned after so many days, so lots of work would be pending.' She consoled herself with positive thoughts.

She walked around in the chamber and looked at every piece of Rajvanshi Amer Style decoration. His extra effort to impress touched her heart. Thinking about Jalal, butterflies tickled her stomach. She blushed, thinking of him touching, kissing, and passionately making love to her. She was feeling excited about the new steps towards their relation and nervous about her inexperience at the same time. Her empty impatient mind drove her far and far in thoughts; she recalled the first night's conversations with all of her friends and cousins. Almost all of them complained about how painful it was the first time; even Lila said she shouted in pain. Her excitement turned into tormenting edginess.

Another thirty minutes passed, and one of his maids entered the chamber with an entire Rajvanshi vegetarian meal for Jodha and Jalal.

The Hindu maid bowed down and respectfully informed, "This afternoon Shahenshah himself came to the royal kitchen and ordered your favorite meal for both of you and instructed us to deliver it at this time." Then maid politely asked, "Queen Jodha, if you allow me then, I would serve the food."

It was unexpected and unusual to see Rajvanshi style servings, platters, and food. That was another shock for her. His surprises so gratified her that her wet eyes started to flood out with joyful tears. She realized in the excitement of her dreamy night; she hardly ate anything the whole day. The hot food looked so delicious, and the aroma of the food was making her feel hungrier.

Queen Jodha inquired softly, "Do you know where Shahenshah is?"

"Queen Jodha, the last time when I saw Shahenshah at around five o'clock, he was going towards Wazir E Aliya Maham Anga's chamber," maid responded softly, but hesitation in her tone was audible. Her face also turned slightly worried since she knew about the challenge. She silently prayed to Lord Krishna for Queen Jodha and wished that Shahenshah spend the night with her.

Even though Jodha noticed her concerns and worry, she did not doubt Jalal. She was confident he would fulfill his promise. Slowly time was slipping like sand from the hand; she was eagerly waiting for Jalal. Her mind was occupied in making conversation, how to thank him for all these surprises. She decided to pretend upset at first then suddenly kiss him to surprise him. She blushed heavily at her mischievous thought. She was so thrilled that she could even hear her own heart beating so loud, which was continuously telling her that she was in LOVE, and he too loved her unconditionally. She wanted to sing and sing so loud that everyone could hear that she was in love with Jalal, and he only belonged to her.