Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Everyone in the crowd, including him, was astonished to see a woman in a sword contest. Jalal was taken back seeing women in a sword fight; women could not be in this contest. His sharp eye viewed the audience's reaction; like him, the crowd was in awe expression.

She was terrified, but fortunately, when she fell, she faced the other side of the viewers, so none of them could see her face. Her long, shiny, beautiful hair covered her back and side of her face. Before anyone could act in response, she took her cover-up in a blink of an eye, she hopped out from the contest ground. While walking at a face pace, she covered her face again.

Without wasting a second, Jalal also jumped out of the fence and quietly tracked her. The realization hit her, fear increased, grasping what could have happened if her identity was unveiled to the public. While panting noisily, she walked with haste for about ten minutes; Jalal covertly followed her, keeping enough distance. She entered in a quiet area surrounded by trees, then walked further for a few minutes, and came out towards the temple's backside, near a small pond and lonely quiet place.

It was a bright and sunny afternoon; sluggish calm winds made the atmosphere pleasant, a beautiful waterfall and a quiet river making this surrounding attractive. In deep stillness, the melodious sound of birds chirping was audible.

She paced towards the big stone near the river shore and looked around for Moti, her childhood friend and maid helper, but she reached earlier than the decided time.

Still, her doe-like innocent beautiful eyes were fluttering with fright. Her bright forehead had a deep line of stress. She never liked to stay in constraining lines drawn by her royal parents. She loved to break boundaries and go on adventurous rides, but she feared out of respect to get caught. She mumbled while looking at the sky, "You saved my day, God Krishna (Hindu God); otherwise, Masa would have killed me."

While waiting for Moti, she sat on the rock, took off her cover-up and turban, began to untie her long silky tresses. Her mind off to reminiscence the entire event. Once again, her heart skipped a bit, thinking about the brave warrior. '. Finally, after three years of winning, someone could stand against a fiery princess of Amer Jodha in a sword fight. He was not only skilled but so built; any woman would die for his one look. When he lost balance, and then the way he smirked was enchanting. Who was he? When I saw his eyes the first time, I shivered for a second as if lightning passed through me. The way he fought felt like he was not attacking me purposely but was only analyzing my skills. His quick approach and fencing method were astounding; I have not seen this type of tactic in any warrior yet. Seeing his glow on his face and magnificent personality, maybe he is a prince or a king, but I would like to see him again. His mesmerizing dark eyes, magnetic aura enchanted her.'

Jalal was still trying to see her face, but her face was on another side. He was dazed and impressed by her sword skill. He said to himself, 'whoever this girl is, I have to meet her once, who could stand against Jalal for ten minutes. No doubt, I tested her skills and didn't attack her, but her speed, moves, quickness, and sharp turns fascinated me. The average soldier cannot stand against me for more than two minutes, and she lasted for ten minutes. It was remarkable how promptly she sneaked out of the ground before anyone could think further. Whoever you are, you have impressed the Mughal King, Jalalludin Mohammad.'

Jalal awestricken with her sword fighting skills, and Jodha was captivated by his sword fighting skill and impressive royal look.

His curiosity was increasing by every second; within a minute, he ran out of his patience. With a silent step, he paced towards her.

Standing behind her, Jalal alleged sarcastically in a thick tone, "So you have accepted your defeat and ran away from the arcade." After a short pause, he added proudly, "No one can stand against me in a sword fight."