𝟗

-
❞𝐀 𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮. .❞
-
𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭
𝐎𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭

-

It was early when she woke up that Moday.Looking around paranoid that her grandmother was going to come back and hurt her again.Even though she could freely go around the house,she had decided not to; after that happy night spent with her cousin,she did not have enough courage to explain what happened and no confidence to show her self.Causing her to hide in the room till this day,when she had decided to finally "come back".

At half past six in the morning there was no sleep left in her.Clearly evident she didn't sleep all night,due to the same nightmare, she hoped no one would notice it the dark circles around her eyes.

Even though she had just woken up from sleeping,she didn't feel refreshed at all.In fact she felt more tired and numb.

The old bruises and scars were still all over her body,since it took them a long ass time for them to heal and fade.Most bruises were on her stomach and legs,so she was definitely going to hide them,not only because she would get questioned about them,but also because she was embarrassed of them.

Instead of remaining in her room and soak in desperation she decided to bathe.She got up,took her stuff and headed towards the bathroom.

Closing and locking the door she started the hot water.Hoping that nobody would catch her using the hot water.She was going to take a long warm bath and prayed to God that nobody would interrupt her...

When she finished,she got out and dressed up.She also applied a little bit of the make-up she found in the bathroom,on her face to cover up the dark eyes and the scars.

Zarene was debating as to whether or not she should stay in her room and wait for everybody or do something to keep her occupied.Deciding that she wasn't going back to her room,because she didn't like the idea of doing nothing.She made her way downstairs to clean and tidy up the house,careful to make the least noise so she wouldn't wake nobody.

All the work and the cleaning occupied her mind,making her to temporarily forget about her troubles.

She started in the living room by sweeping floors then mopping them,dusting furnitures,refreshing wood furniture by giving them a good wax and also cleaning the windows.She avoided running the vacuum because she knew it would be too loud.

She then walked upstairs to the bathroom and started cleaning the toilet,scrubbed the bathtub till it was clean, cleaned and wiped the foucets.By the time she was finished in the bathroom it was spotless.

Lastly,she walked back downstairs to the kitchen,rearranged every single snacks and food in the pantry in alphabetical order, washed and dried the plates with her hands,cleaned the appliances and wiped down countertops and cabinets till she was satisfied.

While struggling with upsetting emotions, memories, and anxiety that won't go away,the only thing that helped was overloading herself with work and ignoring everything.

Her focusing on cleaning,was helping her to block out those random guilty feelings and thoughts that swam through her head at times.

When she had finished cleaning,she started cooking and by eight o'clock,she finished everything.

Suddenly,her grandma came in the kitchen,actually really impressed that her house was so spotless,she really didn't expect it,but never actually expressed this emotions.