𝟏𝟑

-
❞𝐈𝐟 𝐚 𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐦.❞
-
𝐙𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝐍𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐚 𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭
-

Today was Monday and I had asked her if I could go out.She had allowed me,only because of me promising to come back at half past ten.

I planned to go around to see if someone would hire me.The first place I had planned to go to was a bakery, I had seen was looking for people.This place was a thirty minutes walk from the house,but to me it was perfect.

After getting a job today I would look for another one, then when and If I got the second job it would remain a secret. So I would be making more money without her knowing and maybe even friends.

I'm sure no one in the house knew about this place since it was quite far, making it even better for me to distance myself from the house.

When I arrived to "Right from Gloria's Oven" bakery, the open sign was on so I proceeded to make my way inside.As I stepped food and the building and entered, the door bell ringed and minutes later an older woman came out.

She was such a beautiful black woman.Her long grey hair,neatly rested in old fashion curls sitting on her shoulders. A little bit of makeup embellished her face as her beautiful brown eyes were looking af me, protected by black glasses. Standing at an average height,smiling at me.Her smile was so warming and captivating that it surprisingly made me smile back.

"Hello,how can I help you?"

"Good morning ma'am,may I speak to the owner please?"

"I'm the owner sweetie,I'm Grandma Gloria, sit down,what would you like to talk about?"

She then gestured for me to sit down at one of the tables,following me to the same just seconds after.

"My name is Zarene Middleton.I saw the paper outside about hiring people so I decided to come here to see if you would give me a job"

"Ok,do you have any experience Zarene?"

"No,but ma'am. I can clean and I learn very quickly.I may be young,but I'm very mature and responsible for my age."

"Do you really need this job?"she said crossing her arms then looking at me attentively.

"Yes,ma'am."i said nodding

"Ok,so imma give you a chance today. Imma get you the work uniform today you try it on,see how it fits,then Imma train you and teach you how to work here okay?"

"Yes,ma'am,thank you so much"

"Lemme think,When..Is..Sweetie since I only need people on days like today Mondays,Tuesdays and Thursdays,you can come to work those days.Ok,Sweetie?

"Yes,ma'am it's more than okay. Thank you again" omg

"No problem sweetie,who do you live with?Do you have a phone so I can contact you?"