𝟏𝟗

-

𝐎𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐧, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞.❞
-

𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭
𝐎𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭
-

"Why? Why should I let this girl in my house?"
She purposely asked herself out loud, ignoring the little stare from Zarene.

In Georgia's head, Zarene's father-her own son, was actually standing right by her side whispering in her ear that she was being way too gentle with his daughter. He kept on telling her that she had to be taught a lesson and that since he wasn't there physically, it was her responsibility to discipline his daughter.

She reluctantly listened to him, hoping to please him, so he would appear for longer. Even though unknown to her, due to the hard 'medicines' she had took earlier from her friend, she was hallucinating so this wasn't really her son.

"..."

"Miss. You've been out of my house the whole day, fucking and sucking for sum couples of dollars, right?" She said,letting go of the door to fold up her jumper handles, but repositioning her self so Zarene wouldn't be able to enter

"But guess what little girl...I wont let that happen. I won't let you be a bad influence to your yourger cousins. So this is your one and only chance to reel me the truth: Is this all excuse to sneak out with your little friends?"

Zarene shook her head denying the accusations against her, she didn't utter a word since she was aware that if she said something it was definetly going to be twisted and used against her.

"Then where have you been?"
She raised her voice a little too high now.

"You betta mf answer when I ask you something. Or imma get my belt and beat the fuck outta you. It's your choice"

Meanwhile, ever since D'avonte had heard the noises in the air coming from the front of the house, he had been curious about what could have been happening. Standing in the kitchen drinking a cup of juice, he trying to listen to whoever had been talking so loud. Since he was nosy he wanted to see or at least know. So for the past minutes he had been trying to ignore it, but when it had eventually gotten too loud he had to make his way there.

Whilst walking closer and closer to the noise, he noticed that his grandmother had been standing with the door handle in her hand and with her back facing him. So focused on scolding that person, that she had not even heard his steps.

"Who she shouting at?" He asked himself since he couldn't see the person.

When he had finally stopped walking and stood behind his grandmother, Zarene small frame stood out to him. She not only looked like she was about to cry, but was also strangely dressed in a McDonald's uniform. He looked at her in their eyes and then looked at his grandmother confused..

"Why is she is not letting Z in?" He asked himself and withing seconds everything became clear to him and realisation set in. He was ready to argue with his grandma is his intuitions were correct.