𝟐𝟐

❞𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐮𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧❞
-
𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭
𝐎𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭
-

The early morning came as a promise kept, but as everybody kept on dwelling in their sleep someone was up cleaning the house.

Of course as always, the girl was in the kitchen, ready to start cooking when all of a sudden the creaking of a door got her attention. It was unsual for them to wake up early, so who was moving around the house at this time?

She didn't know if anybody was coming in or exiting the house and out of curiosity she decided she to quickly check.

So she picked up a rolling pin with her free hand and quietly creeped towards the entrance of the house. Hoping that no thief had entered the house. And since the sun had not risen up fully, it made inspecting the house difficult as she blindly crept towards her destination. But when she had finally reached the entrance nobody was there.

There was just a realtively large suitcase. Which made her wonder: who was the owner? 

Nobody was travelling. Plus who could have positioned it here in such small amount of time if everybody else was sleeping?

She looked around a little bit more and then turned around to head back. But as she turned around the devil itself stood two feet way from her. Looking at her, with a bored expression.

Her grandma.

Her presence had suprised Zarene so much that the rolling pin she held fell as she jumped up, completely startled by her sudden appearance.

"Oh come on. You not happy to see me?"
She said as her hand opened up as an invite. Was she really inviting the person she hated the most, into a hug?

At that moment fear took over Zarene's body, not only immobilizing her but also silencing her. And Instead of replying she just remained quiet. Mentally cursing herself for even entertaining this, since she had previously promised herself to stand up.

If this was the first time he had seen her since the incident and all she could do was freeze up and obey her, was really ever going to break free?

"Pick that up and get my bag, sweetie. Lets go the living room, we need to talk."

And just like a dummy, without hesitation everything was picked up as she followed her grandmother to the living room.

Her grandmother sat down and made her self comfortable, looking as Zarene struggled with the big suitcase all by herself.

"Why you up so early?" She asked when she had finally noticed her things were in the correct place.

"Because of you" she thought, wanting to speak up so badly. The morning routine she had forced herself into was to please her, to avoid the problems she managed to create when things weren't done in time.

"Sit down. Chile. I know for a fact you not scared of me..."

'Wow, did she really said that?' She asked herself.