CHAPTER TWELVE

Hello everyone! Just to give you a heads up, there's a major time skip here and a long chapter! In this time, Raven is eleven years old and will be this age for a few more chapters. And the song that I have for today is called Lullaby of the Moon, Nightcore version. The video will be displayed in a bit so if you want to listen to it go ahead; the song sort of reminded me of Nightmare and what I have planned for this story. That's all I have to say, so please enjoy!

BeanZ96

༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒༒

𝑆𝑖𝑥 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟

    "SOUL- what now?"

    Raven was sitting at the table, across from her parents, with a confused look plastered on her face. Batair had his arms crossed over his chest as he looked away awkwardly with red dusting his cheeks while he wife, Salem, looked at their daughter with a patient smile.

    "We are going to explain SOUL BONDING today as part of your lesson and afterwards your father is going to teach you how to work the traps that's placed around the forest."

    The preteen perked up at the last part but cringed when she realized what was happening, "Is this another 'birds and the bees' talk? Didn't we have that conversation, like, yesterday?"

    Letting out a nervous chuckle, Batair explained "Its sort of like tha', uh, talk, bu' it's a bit differen'. SOUL BONDING is somethin' that mages and monsters are known to do 'en we want ta take ou' relationship ta a more personal level."

    Shifting nervously in her seat, Raven slowly asked her parents "Are you two SOUL BONDED?"

    The couple gave each other loving glances as they entangled their hands together before Salem looked at her daughter, "Yes, we are. That's why your father and I agreed to talk about this subject to you since you are at the age where you will start noticing and feeling certain things."

    Letting out a loud groan and rubbing her face in embarrassment, Raven looked at her parents in disbelief "Is this because my best friend is a boy?"

    "Nope!"

    "Of course not! That's definitely not it!"

    'Uh-huh... sure it's not..'

    Holding back another groan, the young mage just shook her head and sighed "Alright, let's get this done with so I won't be late with meeting Nightmare. I wanted to show him a place I found while exploring the forest."

    With that said, the family explained the whole process of SOUL BONDING and how it's nigh impossible to break; thus only doing it if you are absolutely sure if the person or monster is the one you want to spend your life with. That SOUL BONDED are able to feel each other's emotions and pain; but what surprised Raven more was that if one of the partner's die, the other will soon follow.

    "Wait, wait, wait! So, you're saying that if one of you dies then the other will too?" Raven looked at her parents with fear as dark thoughts of different scenes happening to one of them leading to her mother or father dying right after; leaving her all alone to fend for herself. Giving their daughter solemn eyes, her father nodded his head "Aye... Tha' tis the only downside o' SOUL BONDING, Starlight. Tha' is why I'm going ta teach ya 'ow ta hunt an' check 'or traps. Just in case somethin' were ta happin'."

    ~TIME SKIP~

    "What if this one doesn't have anything either, Papa?"

    "Then we'll wait an' recheck the others."