CHAPTER THIRTY

Nightmare snapped his attention towards the direction of the voice, locking gazes with another skeleton monster. Getting into a fighting stance, he was about to attack when the newcomer brought his phalanges up in a surrendering motion, "𝚆𝚘𝚊𝚑, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚋! 𝙸 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚎! 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎'𝚜 𝙴𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛."

     The corrupted skeleton relaxed since he sensed no malicious INTENT from the stranger as Nightmare curtly introduced himself, "Nightmare. You're not from around here, are you?"

     "𝙷𝚎𝚑. 𝙽𝚊𝚑, 𝙸'𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝙸'𝚖 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚎𝚡𝚒𝚜𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚊 '𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚌𝚎𝚍' 𝙶𝚘𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝙳𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚊 𝙶𝚘𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝙽𝚎𝚐𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚝𝚢."

     This caused the inky being to tilt his head in confusion, "A God? What are you talking about?"

     Error smirked at the newborn God as an idea formed in his skull, "𝙷𝚘𝚠 '𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚠𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎? 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠; 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚙 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚙𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚊 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚢. 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚊𝚢?"

     Raven's breath hitched as she closely watched different emotions form on her love's face before he curiously asked, "If I do, what's in it for you?"

    The forced God's metaphorical brows furrowed as his smile turned into a frown, "𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚙 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙰𝚄𝚜. 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚎𝚎, 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚙𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚞𝚕𝚝𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚍𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚢 𝚓𝚘𝚋. 𝚂𝚘 𝚠𝚑𝚢 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚘𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊𝚜𝚔 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚎𝚖𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢'𝚕𝚕 𝚐𝚕𝚊𝚍𝚢 𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚎𝚙𝚝?"

     Nightmare walked closer to Error, who instantly backed up a few steps, as his cyan eye light sadly looked down at the lifeless figure lying in the middle of the stump of, what used to be, the Tree of Feelings. Grazing his fingertips across her cold pale cheek, Raven could have been thought sleeping if it weren't for two bloody wounds on her abdomen and chest. A single tear trailed down the skeleton's cheekbone as memories of the love of his life flashed through his skull; causing a sharp pain in his chest. Clenching his teeth to try to ignore his grief, Nightmare narrowed his socket determinedly, "I accept your conditions. But first..." Cyan colored magic formed on his hand as the God of Negativity covered Raven's corpse in a mist like substance.

    'So your beauty may never be ravaged by time'

    The woman's body had been cleaned and healed as the skeleton finished casting his spell as he faced his awed acquaintance, "Shall we get started?"

     Error only smirked as a portal appeared  behind him and gave Nightmare a mock bow, "𝙰𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝙷𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜."

     An odd sense of power flowed through the corrupted beings bones from hearing that title as a manic grin graced his skull. The skeleton stepped through the portal but not before taking one last glance at the woman that meant more than his existence as he whispered, "Don't worry, Starlight. I'll come and visit you as soon as I encase the whole multiverse in NIGHTMARES in your memory." With that said, the two skeletons left without a trace; leaving a shocked and speechless Raven behind as silent tears streamed down her face.

     ❤︎RAVEN'S POV❤︎

     He's... gone?

     I fell to my knees in disbelief as I continue to stare blankly at the spot where Nightmare had disappeared to.

     No.

     He's coming back...

     He said so himself....

    So, I'll keep waiting no matter how long it takes.

    ♡︎RAGE'S POV♡︎

     I stare emotionlessly at the idiotic woman before me until a certain presence caught my attention.

    A Grim Reaper.

    Growling under my breath, I quickly masked Raven's presence with my own. Since I'm made out of pure RAGE, I can easily blend in with the remaining negative energy that was left behind by Nightmare. I still kept at it even after they left because I know that a Grim Reaper always comes back to do a second sweep to make sure that they didn't miss any unfortunate SOULS that got caught in the ex Guardian's rampage.

    Tch.

    I did warn those two and now look where they are! Ones dead and the other went off to do who knows what! But no matter, I can use this to my advantage. Sooner or later, Raven will break and come crawling back to me...

    She'll have no choice but to accept me!

     Don't worry little raven, you'll be reunited with your nightmare soon... then the three of us will have one Hell of a time!