CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

BOOM

    Salem and Batair jumped out of their seats as they struggled to stay on their feet due to the ground shaking; until it finally stopped.

    "Wha' tha' bloody Hell was tha'?!"

    "I have no clue..."

    A sudden thought crossed both parents with worry as they exclaimed, "Raven!"

    They ran out of the cottage with haste towards the direction of the explosion. When they finally reached their daughter the two mage's eyes widened in dismay and anguish at the site of their child and her surroundings. The trees and ground around her were scorched and burned to a crisp; leaving dark rings circling Raven as she stood with her head hung low and her black bangs covering her eyes. But what scared them the most was her SOUL...

    It was no longer her usual color but a firebrick red with black cracks erupting in fire-like energy out of them. A tear fell down Batair as he whispered, "Oh, Starlight... what happened ta ya?"

    Bringing her eyes to meet her parents, Raven looked at them with glazed eyes. Her minty blue orbs with their ominous red glint glowed with unbridled RAGE; with the sclera completely black that made the young woman look almost inhuman. With an animalistic snarl, she lifted a hand above her head; causing red tinted black feathers to appear.

    Without hesitation, Raven launched her attacks at her parents.

     ~Earlier on~

    ☽NIGHTMARE'S POV☽

    I was relaxing against the trunk, rereading one of the books that Raven got be from earlier Gyftmas' until Dream called out my name. Sighing in annoyance, I reluctantly closed the book and stood up; brushing excess snow and dirt off my pants.

    Turning my attention to my brother, who looked at his feet in shame, I suspiciously asked "What's wrong?"

    Wringing is phalanges, he stuttered "𝗜-𝗜 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝗜 𝘂𝗻𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗵𝘂𝗿𝘁 𝗥𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗻.."

    My instincts automatically kicked him as  my eye lights went out and I gave out a loud snarl while I grabbed him by the neck of his cape, "What?"

    Struggling to get free of my grasp, Dream choked out "𝗜 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮-𝗮𝗰𝗰𝘂𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘆𝗼𝘂. 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗻-𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗹𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗱 𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗰𝗿𝗼𝘀𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀-𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀𝗻'𝘁..." I felt a sense of pride from hearing that Raven stood up for herself. I loosened my hold a bit while seething out, "What else?"

    Yellow tears fell down his cheekbones as he sobbed out, "𝗕-𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝗳 𝗮 𝘀𝘂𝗱𝗱𝗲𝗻, 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗰-𝗰𝗹𝘂𝘁𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗱 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗰𝗵𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗰-𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗮𝗽𝘀𝗲𝗱. 𝗜 𝘁-𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗽 𝗵-𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗯𝘂𝘁.. 𝗯-𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝘂𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 𝗺𝗲 𝗮-𝗮𝘄𝗮𝘆! 𝗜 𝗱𝗶𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗲𝗹𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂.. 𝗜𝗳 𝗜 𝗼𝗻𝗹𝘆 𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂..!"

    Panic crept through my bones like ice as I quickly dropped my brother while demanding, "Tell me where she went."

    "𝗛𝗼𝗺𝗲."

    ~Time skip~

    I was almost out of town until the sound of Raven's voice stopped me in my tracks.

    "Someone...please... help..."

    I was about start running when I was stopped, again, when some sort of explosion echoed through the air as birds flew from the treetops leading to the direction of the Nightingale's home. Looking on in dread, a strong pull from my SOUL snapped me back into action as I allowed it to direct me to the love of my life.

    ❤︎RAVEN'S POV❤︎

    I opened my eyes to find myself surrounded by an endless abyss. I turned around to see if I can see any form of color but there was nothing.

    Completely black.

    My face scrunched up in confusion, "Where am I?"

     I jump in surprise as my voice seems to echo around this never ending...whatever this is. I went to walk forward when-

    SPLASH

    Looking down, I finally noticed that I seemed to be standing on some kind of solid yet liquid surface. I went to to touch it when the sound of crying caught my attention.

    Curious of who could be crying, I walked to the direction of the noise.

    Who could be crying in a place like this?

     It feels like I've been walking for eternity when I finally found the source of the weeping. A little girl in a white dress, about four years old, with two black braids was crouched down with her hand over her eyes as she wept. My brows furrowed in concern as I kneeled down to to the child's height, "Are you alright?"

    Her crying suddenly stopped as her body tensed. The young girl slowly lifted her hands away as her eyes met mine. I gasped in shock as I fell back and scrambled away. This girl was me... but at the same time, not. The only difference were her eyes...

    The scleras were pitch black which made her minty blue orbs glow dangerous; but what caught my attention was the gleaming red glint that seems to reflect a burning fire as she glared at me. Slowly standing up before turning fully to me, she questioned "Why?"

    "H-huh?"

    I internally cursed myself for stuttering as mini me repeated with a sneer, "Why do you allow Nwighty and I to suffer when you can mwake it go away?"

    "Make it go away? I can do that?"

    A giggle escaped her mouth that caused a chill to go down my spine, "You always had the power to do it, silly! You just dwidn't have access to it yet!" How does she know? I narrowed my eyes at her, "Who are you?"

* Shit is about to hit the fan... How did you feel about Dream after is was acting like such a jerk and being bitch slapped? Just remember that he's been hanging out with the wrong crowd, so don't be too angry with Sparkles, ok? I know this chapter is a bit shorter than my usuals but I was satisfied on how it ended. So don't hate on me! And if you wonder why I chose feathers as her attack, just wait and see. So how do you like my portraying of the RAGE SOUL? Since I couldn't find much detail on it. This picture is what Raven looks like when she's under RAGE and what her SOUL sort of looks like:

 This picture is what Raven looks like when she's under RAGE and what her SOUL sort of looks like:

I even added the red gleam to her eyes; though you can't really see it good. That's all I got to say! So, I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy during these dire times! Hope you enjoy the next chapter.

BeanZ96 out! (●'◡'●)ノ