CHAPTER FIFTEEN

☽NIGHTMARE'S POV☽

    She's lying.

    She knows that I can sense negative emotions and yet she still continues to lie to me. Whatever she's not telling me, it's causing her extreme pain and anguish...

    But what's more concerning, is the bubbling RAGE that's hidden underneath the other emotions. It's like she's trying to keep it locked up and buried. I can't help but feel a bit pissed off that she's doing this to herself as I gritted my teeth and shouted, "WHY WON'T YOU TELL ME ANYTHING?!" She flinched from my sudden outburst but I continued, "Why won't you tell me what's causing you so much pain and suffering, Raven?! You know you can tell me, right?" Grabbing her by her shoulders, I leaned forward as I pressed our foreheads together while closing my eye sockets when I felt tears streaming down my face.

    "Does... does it have to do with that nightmare you had? What's gotten you scared of losing me?"

    The sounds of sobs and sniffles caused my eyes to snap open as the sight before me made my SOUL to throb painfully within my chest. Raven, the starlight to my night sky, trembling and wide eyed as tears streamed down her rosy cheeks as she looked at me with a look that screamed broken. Out of instinct, I quickly embraced her in a protective hold as I rocked her back and forth; saying soothing words to her.

    "Shhh... shhh... I'm here, Starlight... I'm here..."

    "I-I know that Papa talked to his father; b-but I can't help to w-worry! W-what if he decides to h-hurt you again?! I don't think I c-can handle that..."

    Ah... she's talking about Terrence.

    It's true that he's been quiet for a couple of years besides him throwing me a cocky smirk every time I see him with Dream.

    I hope he's not up to anything...

    I looked down at her as I gently brush her bangs out of her face, showing her sparkling minty blue eyes, while whispering "He hasn't been bothering us since your father got involved. Besides, like I told you before, I'm a Guardian to the Tree of Feelings! It'll take a lot to bring me down!" I felt her tense as a wave of doubt and guilt rushed out of her, "But you did get taken down! I-I saw you turn to dust before my eyes! I don't care if it wasn't real or not! That.. feeling of helplessness and weakness... it was horrible!"

    Finally, she's talking about that dream! Maybe getting her to talk about it will relieve some of her stress?

    "Do you want to talk about it?"

    Raven leaned her head against my chest as she let out a tired sigh, "The whole town was beating you to death and when I finally made it to you... I was pinned down while Terrence taunted me!" She spat the rabbits monster's name with pure venom. I looked at her curiously, "What did he say to you?"

    The young mage nervously looked at me with wide eyes while biting her bottom lip; it looked like she was internally debating something with herself.

    "I don't remember."

    Bullshit.

    But I kept my mouth shut; not wanting to force her to tell me something she didn't want to. I nodded my head to signal her to continue.

    "T-then you spoke up... I t-tried to k-keep you awake! I r-really did...! B-but.. y-you... I c-couldn't s-save you! I-"

    Tears started to appear as I quickly wiped them away while reassuring , "Well, I'm here now! I'm not leaving you... not ever! We made a promise to always be together, remember?" Raven let out a breathy chuckle, "Y-yeah! I remember!"