CHSPTER TWENTY-ONE

"Okay, okay! Why did the skeleton go to the healer?"

"Pfft! I don't know, why?"

"So he can get his goulstones removed!"

Nightmare burst out in laughter that almost caused him to fall off the branch. Him and Raven have been sitting and cuddling on the branch, telling jokes to each other, during the remainder of the day. A cold wind blew past the couple, causing the young women's black hair to whip around as she shuddered and leaned more into her lover's chest to seek more heat. Wrapping his arms around Raven's body in a protective hold, Nightmare nuzzled his skull on top of her head, smelling her familiar scent of honey suckle and freshly fallen rain, before mumbling "Why don't you head on home before you get sick?"

Frowning at the idea of leaving her boyfriend alone in the cold, the worried girl asked "What about you?"

Letting out a soft chuckle, the skeleton reassured "I'll be fine, Starlight. Let's just say that the cold goes right through me."

Raven let out a snicker at the joke before blowing her bangs out of her eyes, relenting "Ok." Turning around to face the Guardian, she gave a mischievous smirk before huskily whispering "As you wish, O Great Handsome Guardian..." before cupping his cheekbones and kissing him on the teeth. Groaning in bliss, Nightmare deepened the kiss as one hand held her hip and the other snaked it's way into her hair. As soon as she pulled away, the purple Guardian pouted, "That's not fair! You're trying to butter me up into letting you stay!"

Giving a hopeful smile, Raven chirped "So, is that a yes?"

"No."

"Aww man! That's no fun.."

Giving a sly smirk, Nightmare leaned into her ear as his voice deepened as he sensually whispered "Oh, you wanted fun? I can show you fun..."

Letting out a surprised yelp as her whole face turned red, Raven jumped out of his lap "Alright! I'm going!" Dangling her legs off the branch she jumped off before Nightmare could use his magic to help her down. Blowing a kiss his way, she yelled out "Love you, Night! I'll see you tomorrow!"

"Love you, too! Stay safe!"

❤︎RAVEN'S POV❤︎

I was almost to the outskirts of town when I was stopped, "𝗛𝗲𝘆."

Turning around, I was faced with Dream who had a look of scrutiny on his face instead of his usually bubbly smile. Despite me being nervous, I politely greeted "Hello, Dream! What do I owe the pleasure?"

"𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗺𝗮𝘆 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝘆 𝗯𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗼𝗹𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗺𝗲."

Tilting my head in confusion, I questioned "What are you talking about?"

What is going on with him? I know our 'relationship' has been a bit tense after he spotted me in the woods all those years ago but this is...