Chapter 8

[Imagine the above to be red roses and dark black patterns]

Chapter 8

Rosana released a relaxed breath when she rolled her shoulders and felt almost no pain. The powder Mr. Miyagi gave her to use with water for her bruises did wonders. When she asked him what he meant earlier about teaching her how to help with the pain, did he mean how to make the powder? Mr.Miyagi had shaken his head and only said 'This." Before he rubbed his hands together and lifted up her shirt to place it on her ribs.

Rosana almost had a panic attack again before she felt the warmth of his hands soothe her instead of harm her. And his words had helped as well.

"Keep eyes on mine. Breathe through nose and out mouth."

She felt better than she ever had these past few days and jumped at the chance of being able to know how to do what he did. Not because of her own bruises but because she had always been fascinated by different kinds of healing as well as the normal science of medicine. Well, the little things she does know about healing and medicine was through her books, fiction. Maybe, she'll try reading some real medicine books.

When Rosana tried rubbing her hands together, mimicking Mr. Miyagi, before placing it on a bruise on her leg, she had frowned because it didn't work.

Mr. Miyagi had chuckled gently at her attempt and shook his head, "Heal in hands as much as in mind and body."

"I don't understand, Mr. Miyagi."

He had patted her head with a smile, "Come. You ever cut tree?"

Rosana was in the midst of flipping a page in the new novel she started when she heard keys in the door, it could only be Daniel at this time.

Rosana quickly got up from her bed and put her shirt back on to cover her arms and curled the scarf around her neck casually.

The bruises may feel better and had definitely lightened, but it wasn't gone and would still look suspicious.

BANG!

After the loud sound, she heard Daniel cursing.

She got up quickly, book in hand, and walked to their small living room that was connected to their kitchen to see a furious Daniel kicking his bag.

"Danny? What's wrong?"

Daniel spun on his feet to look at her, appalled and angry at her question, "What's wrong? What's wrong?! You want to know what's wrong?"

"No, I want to know when to go hunting for elephants. Yes, I want to know what's wrong." Rosana said sarcastically with a roll of her eyes.

"What's wrong is those friends of yours!"

Rosana froze momentarily and ran her eyes quickly over his frame to check for injuries. His eye had been healing substantially and lighter than last night that's for sure so she knew that he didn't get punched there or on his other eye that had no mark on it. Nothing on his jaw and he seems to be walking and waving his arms around just fine. But then she saw him clench his right fist and it froze for a second before extending again.

"Give me your right hand."

"What for?" He asked angrily, his brows twitching in a frown.

"I want to see it."

"No! You want to see my hand but you don't even ask what the hell those guys did. One of them tripped me during soccer tryouts and got me kicked off the field!"

Rosana bit her lip, "Which one tripped you?"

"I don't know," he threw his hands in the air while Rosana walked to the fridge to get ice cubes while Daniel was talking, "Th-The one with shaggy kind of hair."