Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Johnny's nerves slowly leave him when Rosana moves confidently to the side when her opponent strikes with a high front kick. Rosana was faster in anticipating the guy's move than what Johnny gave her credit for because the second she was in his blind spot, she snapped her leg out and caught the front of the leg that he used to catch himself when he jumped to kick, and that proved to be his mistake.

Johnny lets out an impressed and proud huff as he smiles briefly when the guy fell on his forearms.

Rosana was immediately ready for her opponent when he jumps up angrily and shook where he stood, wanting to pounce on her but the referee's hand stopped him as he says, "Point!" He points to Rosana.

Johnny watches with hawk-like eyes as Rosana takes a deep breath in and releases it, her hands doing that weird thing she always does when she needs to focus in a middle of a sparring match.

"Come on, Anna! Kick his ass!"

Rosana didn't turn her head to look at him, and neither did she give any direct indicator to show that she heard him but he knew, he knew from the way her muscles began to relax and how her stance became filled with more determination and confidence, if that was even possible, and there was a small tilt of her lips just before the referee yelled for the next round to begin.

Rosana watches as her opponent's eyes cloud with anger and fill with bruised ego male pride as he comes at her with more precision and caution than he did before. Before he underestimated her, now he was looking for an opening, seeing past the fact that she was a girl, and that she wasn't going to be as easy as he had thought she would be.

Rosana was prepared for him but she made the mistake of allowing him in her blindspot just like she had done to him. That bastard did the same thing, and she was too late to block his kick to her side because her forearm throbbed from deflecting his freaking iron arms, and her legs became strained from how tensed her muscles became.

"Rose!" Bobby jerked in surprise as he watches her fall on her side

"Firebird, get up!" Jimmy encourages.

"Rosana, come on. One more point. You got this!" Daniel calls as he sees how she was struggling to get up.

"Come on! Get up!" Ali yells while Mr. Miyagi only stared with a focused look. A part of him wasn't concerned because he knew that she could handle this, but the part of him that was coming to see her as more than a friend and a student and more like a daughter, made him worry about how hurt she was.

Johnny clenches his teeth when he sees Rosana gets up with her hand on her side as she breathes heavily.

Rosana feels the side of her face prick with awareness and she knew what that feeling was as she turns her head in that direction to see intense blue eyes staring at her with a mixture of concern and rage that made his eyes seem darker.

Rosana felt the entire stadium and all the screams from her friends, brother, and mother disappear as her eyes clash with Johnny's who held her in his sky blue grip. He didn't have to utter a word for her to know that he wanted to stop this but he was trusting her to take care of herself. And... he wanted her to finish it now before he can't control himself anymore.

With one nod to her, with one dark promise swirling in his eyes, Rosana felt the world come rushing back to her senses as she nods back, feeling his strength, trust and rage fill her when she takes her position and faces her opponent who was smirking at her but she didn't care, she was going to wipe it off his face, hard.

Rosana circles her arms in a slow meditation move and breathes in deeply before exhaling as she gets into a fighting stance, her eyes solely on her opponent now.