Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Johnny and Rosanna were just about to turn into Mr. Miyagi's yard when they see Daniel's yellow car opposite them. The car definitely did not look the same as this morning considering the smoke coming from the engine and the fender half falling off.

Rosana cocked a brow at the irritated and furious look on her twin's face. Johnny shared a brief look with Rosana before he signaled Daniel to drive first before he followed behind.

"He looks... angry." Rosana comments.

Johnny lets out an amused yet understanding scoff, "His girl, ex-girl," he corrected, "just wrecked his car and dumped him, Anna. I would be surprised if he wasn't pissed."

They parked beside Daniel just when he jumped out of the car while Mr. Miyagi came out of the house, trailing his eyes over the car in curiosity and mild concern, and said, "Oy, Daniel-san, must have been some senior prom, what happened?"

"You mean 'what didn't happen'!" Daniel says with fury tainting his voice, "First I let Ali borrow the car, and then she redesigns my fender. I don't know what she did do the engine, but that isn't right either." Daniel rambles on as he storms into the house continuing to talk.

Rosana and Johnny get out of the car and makes their way to Mr. Miyagi. Rosana kisses his cheek in greeting while Johnny nods his head with a respectable smile. It wasn't a surprise for Mr. Miyagi to see Johnny on his property nor was it a surprise that Johnny stayed instead of just dropping Rosanna off.

These past six months had been filled with changes for all of them. Including Johnny and the boys coming over to Mr. Miyagi when he needed chores done. It first started with Rosana 'ditching' them because she had to do things for Mr. Miyagi and they tagged along to get it done with her so they could go wherever they had planned. The more they showed up, the more they saw what a great friend and person Mr. Miyagi is. They even at times used to the backyard for some training.

"Rose-san! Johnny-san!" Mr. Miyagi greets excitedly, "Hope prom was good? Much better than Daniel-san, yes?"

"Yes, it was amazing, Mr. Miyagi." Rosana lets out a small giggle when Daniel lets out a frustrated growl because no one was listening to his ranting.

Johnny shook his head as he listened to Daniel go on and on about Ali in the kitchen before he comes outside with a small box of flavored milk that Johnny quickly swipes from his grasp.
"Hey!"

Johnny smirks before taking a big gulp from it while Rosana rolls her eyes. Some things will never change with these two. Daniel tries to grab it back, but Johnny only sidesteps him and gives the box to Rosana.

Rosana catches on to what Johnny is doing. He is trying to distract Daniel from thinking about Ali or... ugh, or he was just being an ass and wants to find a way to annoy her sibling.

She hits Johnny at the back of his head and gives the box back to Daniel, but not before taking a sip herself. Johnny and Mr. Miyagi let out a chuckle as Daniel swipes it from her hand with a growl and mumbles angrily before standing next to Mr. Miyagi and Johnny as they look at the engine of the slightly steaming car.

"Not to mention Rose and I have to spend the rest of our summer in Fresno," Daniel continues to ramble as he sips his box while Mr. Miyagi tinkers with the engine.

Johnny sucks in a breath beside Rosana, dragging her attention away from her brother and Mr. Miyagi to him. Her gaze softens at the frown on his face. She takes his hand in hers, his gaze snaps to hers as his hand tightens its hold.

He didn't want her to go. This is going to be the first time they will ever be separated and its right before either of them goes to college and then where will that leave either of them? It's rare when high school sweethearts actually last, and he sure as hell wanted them to last. But, now, with school done, all these fears that he has been pushing down seems to be coming to the front and he didn't know how to face it, especially now if he didn't have her by his side.