Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Rosana and Daniel jogs next to each other as they see Ali and Mr. Miyagi waiting for them at the entrance that will lead to the karate matches taking place.

Johnny had left them ten minutes ago and Rosana stayed to help her brother get ready.

"Hey, Mr. Miyagi!" They called.

"Daniel-san, Rose-san, come! Tournament starting."

Rosana didn't question Ali when she gives her a black belt and expertly ties it around her waist the same way she always sees the boys do while Ali ties another black belt around Daniel's waist.

"Where'd we get this?" Daniel asked stupidly.

"Eh, they provide." Mr. Miyagi says dismissively and Rosana chuckles briefly, knowing that they don't just give black belts but she doesn't say anything as her twin's name is called out.

"Daniel LaRusso. Please report to Ring Three immediately."

"Where's Ring Three?" Daniel asks.

"Over there." Mr. Miyagi points but all four of them were stopped by a blonde-haired man.

"Hold it, hold it! Only students and teachers are allowed on the competition floor, I'm sorry." He looks directly at Ali who couldn't be a teacher and not a student because she didn't have a gi on.

Rosana barely hears him over the roar of the crowd, the person on the mike, and the people fighting and shouting encouragements to the competitors.

Daniel thought fast, "Uh, he doesn't speak English and we can't understand his instruction without her. She's his, uh, uh, translator."

Rosana wasn't listening to them as her eyes frantically searched for Johnny and the other boys.

"Come, Rose-san." Mr. Miyagi tugs on her wrist to pull her along and to get her attention.

"Alright! What are the rules here?" Danny asks, making Rosana roll her eyes at him. They had almost two months to prepare for this and in that time he didn't try finding out the rules? Geez, her brother was an idiot.

"Don't know. First time you, first time me."

"I figured you knew about this stuff! I figured you went to these before. Great, I'm dead!" Daniel exclaims anxiously at Mr. Miyagi.

Rosana doesn't listen to the rest of his ranting because of her own anxiousness and excitement coursing through her as she takes in the atmosphere.

She cups Daniel's shoulder firmly, "Relax," she commands sternly, "Look, everything above your waist is a point. You can hit the head, you can hit the sternum, the kidneys, and the ribs. You got it?"

"I hope so," Daniel mutters, unsure of himself.

Ali pats him encouragingly on his back, "You can do this."

Rosana's head whips to the left when she hears voices coming in their direction as they chant, "Cobra Kai! Cobra Kai! Cobra Kai!"

Rosana smiles widely, small bouts of her nerves draining away at their confident smiles and the excitement gleaming in the eyes of her friends as they pass her.

Bobby was the first to pass her as he chants but spares her a smile and a wholehearted slap on the shoulder. Tommy followed and lifted up his hand, Rosana mimicked it and shook it the way she always sees the boys do. Jimmy shook her hand as he hooted with fever. Dutch was next. He took her hand more gently with a soft squeeze, his eyes bleeding with an apology.

Rosana gives him a soft smile before slapping his shoulder on his way past her. And she was glad to see the relief fill him as he looks over his shoulder at her to give her an appreciative nod.