Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Rosana moves to put her weight on her left foot cautiously but even the slightest movement has her wincing in pain. It burns intensely from her ribs to the rest of her body as she watches Daniel and Bobby bow to each other.

"Rose-san?" Mr. Miyagi asks concernedly.

She shakes her head, "I'm okay, Mr. Miyagi. I'll have my ribs checked out after the tournament. Right now I'm worried about Daniel. Something doesn't seem right to me."

"Hai," Mr. Miyagi makes an agreeing sound, his forehead crinkles into a frown, his eyes clouded with worry for Daniel. The look that John Kreese had thrown him only seconds ago had made him suspicious as well as that conversation he had with his student.

Rosana looks at Johnny, her eyes questioning as she lifts her chin in the universal 'what's going on?'

Johnny didn't know what to tell Rosana, all he could do was shake his head with worry in his eyes.

The referee says, "Watch the control gentlemen. Ready. Aiyts!"

The second Rosana saw Bobby get into that stance that she and Johnny had gone over many times, half poised to prosecute a jump kick, she already knew that it was going to be a hard blow. A kick like that wasn't meant for tournaments, it was meant for real life if you were in a really bad situation. You could break someone's leg with that move if you aimed it just right or aimed wrong accidentally. But, she knew how good Bobby was, he would get where he was aiming for.

Her eyes wide, her heart racing as she screams, "Daniel, move!"

It was already too late. Bobby made contact with Daniel's leg, making him drop instantly, his groan echoing through the place, "Ow!"

Rosana ignores the pain in her side as she runs beside Mr. Miyagi to Daniel but she collapses on her knees only a few feet away from Daniel and Bobby, who was screaming, "Daniel, I'm sorry. I'm sorry! I didn't mean it!" While they were pulling Bobby away from Daniel, his remorseful eyes lift to meet Rosana's, "Rose, I'm sorry! I had no choice!"

"Rose!" Ali and her mother screams in concern.

"I'm fine. I'm fine," she wheezes as she weakly swats their hands away, "Give me a s-second."

Rosana could barely breathe through the pain radiating from her ribs as she tries to get to Daniel who was groaning as he clutches his leg while Mr. Miyagi was holding him, "My leg it hurts. My leg—"

Johnny shoots Kreese a hateful glance as they drag Bobby away, his anger boiling in his stomach before it spreads to his chest. How could he even ask Bobby to do that? What was wrong with him?

"Johnny!" Dutch yells in alarm.

"Johnny! Rose fell!" Tommy says in panic, his eyes wide.

With a snarl of anger on his lips for Kreese, he turns to look for Rosana only to see her on her knees grasping her side in pain as her chest heaves up and down rapidly.

Dutch, Tommy, Jimmy, and Johnny were ready to go to her but Kreese stops them, "Don't even think about it."

Johnny doesn't even look at Kreese before he runs to her, his instinct to protect his girl taking over. Just as she was about to fall to the side when she tries to get up, he nudges Ali to away before he catches Rosana, his arm wrapping around her shoulder.

"Bobby Brown of the Cobra Kai has been disqualified." The host announces.

Rosana looks up when the familiar warmth and scent of Johnny surrounds her, "J-Jay."