Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Rosana could barely watch as her brother and her boyfriend fought. She clutched Mr. Miyagi's hand as she sat next to him, her eyebrows scrunched in worry and her heart racing with every blow they deliver on each other.

She had jumped out of her seat when Johnny's face made contact with the mat and he clutched his nose while blood dripped through his fingers, but Mr. Miyagi had held her down.

She was skittish and jumpy but her entire body had frozen when Johnny looked at his Sensei with wide eyes that were tainted with fear and surprise. The second he had glanced briefly at her, she knew, she knew that his awful Sensei told him to do something bad and he was going to do it. Not because he didn't care about her, not because he was a bad person but because Johnny was a good, obedient and disciplined student who respected his teacher. Even when his trust in the man was slowly fading, at a moment like this, he had no one else to turn to for help. And she begrudgingly understood that. Because for the past few years Kreese became more than just a teacher to Johnny, he was a father figure, a mentor and a role model to him.

And when Johnny swept Daniel's leg, her chest burned from the pain in her ribs when she moved too much to scream and get up. She was upset at him for using Danny's weakness against him but how could she fault him when the motto of his dojo was 'no mercy'?

Both Danny and Jay were holding themselves well as the match became more heated and violent. Rosana couldn't meet his eyes, did he have to be so brutal with her brother?

The air in Rosana's lungs was stolen as Johnny brought his elbow down on Daniel's injured knee. She felt the anger tear at her insides spreading to her chest as she practically vibrated with fury at seeing her brother being beaten so badly.

When both of them stood opposite each other again, for a second, Rosana wanted to shut her eyes but then she saw the stance Daniel was getting in: his one leg raised and his two arms up while his wrists pointed downwards.

She felt determination fill her for Danny's part. Johnny doesn't know that stance; she never told or practiced it with him just like she never did with the two-legged kick.

Rosana felt pride rise in her chest as Daniel's foot comes into contact with Johnny, making him the winner of the match.

"Yes!" She fist bumps the air but then groans when she feels pain rip through her side. She had forgotten about her injury for a second.

Mr. Miyagi chuckles beside her.

Rosana stood up as she sees Johnny gets up from the mat, while everyone ran to Daniel, she walked as fast as she could to Johnny.

Johnny averts his eyes as he feels shame and defeat at losing to LaRusso but what will only be salt to the wound would be seeing Rosana go to Daniel.

Johnny was pleasantly surprised when he feels a minor pain in his shoulder as a hand lands on it.

"When I get better, I'm going to kick your ass," Rosana, ignoring the pain in her side, grabs the front of his gi and places a soft brief kiss on his lips before looking into his bright blue eyes.

"What was that for?" He asks breathlessly.

A smile tugs at her lips as she wraps her arms around his waist and his goes around her shoulders to envelop her in his warmth, "That was for a good match. You did great out there, Jay."

Johnny looks down into Rosana's stormy grey eyes and knew that she meant it. Even if she didn't like how he fought or how he hurt her brother, she knew that that was just the way he fought and she accepted that about him. Yeah, she's going to beat the crap out of him when she gets well but she understood him and wasn't too upset about it. Like he thought she would have been and again, she has surprised him.