Chapter 29

[Warning: There will be a heavy kiss scene for those who don't like stuff like that. You can skip the Flashback because it is in there.]

Chapter 29

"Three points needed to win! All contestants, please, come to the ring."

Rosana's chest constricts briefly as she realizes what the host just said; her eyes never leaving Johnny's.

Rosana feels Mr. Miyagi's hand on her shoulder squeezing gently with encouragement, "Remember, focus."

She nods determinedly as she tries to get her breathing under control. Daniel, Ali, and her mom's screams of encouragement and support were lost to deaf ears as she walks onto the steps of the big squared mat that the fight will be taking place at.

She turns to the host, for the first time breaking eye contact with Johnny, "Miyagi-do, not Miyaji-do."

The host nods apologetically at the mistake before moving off the platform as Johnny and Rosana take their designated places opposite one another.

Johnny could barely think as he and Rosana face each other. What the hell was he going to do? He couldn't hurt her! But, neither was losing to his girlfriend on purpose an option. Not to mention that Rosana could handle herself, he wouldn't need to fake it but still, what worried him was that he couldn't just land weak hits and expect a point.

Rosana could feel Johnny's trepidation raging through his eyes and she felt her heart finally settle although it was beating in her ears rapidly from excitement. But, her fear and anxiousness begins to fade. She knew that Johnny would never hurt her. Even during their sparring and training he was careful and still bested her at times despite that.

"Face me, lady and gentleman. Bow." The referee orders.

Rosana and Johnny face the referee and bows.

"Face each other. Bow."

Time slows between the two of them as their eyes clash with one another in that slow-burn, fireworks, and breathtaking sort of way that left them breathless for a whole other reason than just excitement for a fight.

Rosana's eyes soften at the worry in Johnny's intense blue eyes and her heart sped up even more when she saw the love that was only meant for her.

Johnny watched, his heart in his throat as Rosana lifts her hand to the headband that was woven into her hair like a ribbon and brings it to her lips to kiss it softly. That beautiful baby grey eyes turn dark with determination and mischief. Her lips lifting up into a grin before she winks at him.

Johnny's entire body sags with relief as they both bow to each other; their eyes glued to another like magnets. Johnny could tell that she was okay with this. She was okay with them fighting one another. She knew that he would never hurt her and instead of seeing this match as something that might break her trust in him... she saw this as another one of their sparring matches. She had no doubts in him, no doubts in them: she trusted him with all her heart.

Johnny's doubts, anxiousness, and worry fade away at the teasing, certainty, and challenging look she was giving him. He felt his body hum from the challenge, his muscles vibrating with the urge to pounce, his smile widening as his excitement and adrenalin courses through his veins rapidly.

This would be like any other sparring match they had before... well, minus the making out and groping at the end that is, Johnny smirks briefly at the thought and he knew Rosana caught it when she shook her head as she tried not to laugh out loud.