• Chapter 13

"We have to go. Right now."

Molly didn't think twice before listening to Rick and running to her closet. She pulled out the first red hoodie she could find and threw it over her head. She ran over to her desk and began to throw all of her school supplies and textbooks back into her bag.

Rick, who was just looking at her incredulously, asked her, "Okay, why are you bringing all of your school stuff?"

"Because who knows how long we'll be there for! Just because we have to meet with the JSA does not mean I can't do homework," She replied.

He just rolled his eyes and muttered something under his breath, but Molly ignored him. She walked over to her night stand and opened the top drawer. She pulled out her sleep mask and the picture of her & her mother she got on her birthday before shoving it into the front pocket of her bag.

"How are we going to get there?" She asked him once she was done.

"I'll drive us," He replied.

"You'll drive us?" She repeated surprised.

He just gave her a look before asking, "Well, how do you think I got here? Walked?"

"Well, you walk everywhere else," She quipped while crossing her arms.

He just rolled his eyes before walking over to the door. Molly shut the window and locked it before following him. The two of them walked out of her bedroom, and Rick let her lead so she could show them the way out. Molly unlocked the front door before walking outside, the cool, fall breeze hitting her in the face. Rick followed behind her, and Molly quickly locked the front door before the two of them took off down the stairs.

"Where's your car?" She asked him as they walked down the path leading away from her house.

"Right there," He replied as he pointed across the street.

Molly followed the direction of his finger, and her jaw nearly hit the concrete. Right across the street from her house was a bright yellow 1966 Mustang. Molly didn't know a lot about cars, but she couldn't help and stare at Rick's car in admiration.

"Are you joking?" Molly asked him in disbelief.

"No, I'm not joking," He replied as the two of them reached his car.

Molly just stared at it and looked up at him in disbelief, "How did you even afford this? This is such an old car, and it's in such great condition-"

"I fixed it up myself," He replied, causing her eyes to widen at him. The two of them just stared at each other for a moment before he motioned his head towards the car, "Get in."

No arguments came out of her mouth as she clambered into the passenger seat. As Rick started the car, Molly looked at him and began, "Beth and Yolanda-"

"We'll pick them up," He cut her off before slamming his foot on the gas pedal, causing them to take off down the road and her head to slam against the headrest. It made Molly really nervous on the inside at how fast he was going.

She looked over at him and asked him anxiously, "Do you think everything is okay?"

"They will be," He replied without taking his eyes off the road. She saw his knuckles turning white from how hard he was squeezing the wheel, "We just need to get there first, okay?"

Molly saw that Rick had his usual stern look on his face, but for some reason, this one seemed different. However, Molly didn't say anything about it. She just turned away from him, relaxed back into her seat, and dreaded for what was going to happen when they got to their secret location.