• Chapter 19

It was a silent night in Blue Valley. However, there were actually many stars out tonight. The stars weren't what had Molly's attention. It was the Zarick house, where her enemy was. Her mother's killer was inside that house.

Molly stood on the sidewalk across the street from the Zarick house in her superhero suit. She was finishing up her second braid as she stared up at the large house. The last time she saw this house was when the Zarick family was still in town. After Joey and his father passed away, Mrs. Zarick left town. Molly didn't blame her though. She would want to get out too.

As she tied the end of her braid, she felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked over her shoulder and saw Rick, who was in his Hourman suit. He asked her, "You ready?"

Molly nodded her head and asked him, "You?"

"Yeah," He replied with a slight nod.

Molly put her goggles on as Rick flipped the hourglass around his neck over. She couldn't help, but watch as the yellow began to spread throughout his body. Before he noticed her staring at him, she turned away and walked over to Courtney, Yolanda, and Beth, who were all suited up. Pat came walking over to all of them, who just got off the phone with Barbara.

"Approved?" Courtney asked him.

"Yeah," Pat nodded before continuing, "Your mother thinks the plan is acceptable."

"Then let's go get this jerk," Rick spoke up from beside Molly, the effects from the hourglass kicking in.

"For Chuck and Daydream," Beth added determined.

Molly and Beth smiled at each other before looking back over at Pat. Courtney looked at all of them before reminding him, "We'll restrain him, then imprison him."

They all nodded their heads in agreement. Molly took a deep breath as they turned around to head towards the Zarick house. They all heard Pat running behind them while reminding them, "With-with caution, right? Okay?"

When none of them answered, he stopped talking. Molly looked over at Rick, feeling nervous. Sensing she was looking at him, he looked down at her and asked, "What is it?"

"Do you think he'll tell me the truth?" She asked him.

Rick tightened his lips and thought for a moment. Then, he answered truthfully, "I don't know. Maybe not right away. But no matter what happens in there, I got you. You know that, right?"

"Yeah, of course," Molly immediately nodded, knowing that the two of them would always have each other's backs.

As they made there way up the porch towards the front door, Yolanda spoke to Beth, who was leading the way, "Okay, what's the deal?"

"Blue Valley declared this a historic home after the Zaricks... departed," Beth informed them, unsure on how to exactly describe the Zarick family situation.

Rick huffed loudly, which Molly knew was some weird effect from the hourglass. It's like Rick's testosterone amplified by a thousand whenever it was flipped over. He said with his fists clenched, "It'll be historic once I get my hands on The Shade."

The four girls looked at each other confused. Courtney asked him, "What does that even mean?"

"I don't know! I'm amped!" He defended.

"There we're plenty of other things you could've said," Molly pointed out, still looking at him with a strange look.

As Rick just huffed annoyed and glared at her, Pat started to scold them all, "Hey, quiet! Very quiet, all right?"

The five teenagers fell silent as Courtney pressed the staff against the lock on the door. There was a sizzle as the lock burned, and a moment later, Courtney pushed the door open. One by one, they began to slowly enter the house. Molly made sure her palms were open, ready to fight at any moment. She couldn't see very well in front of them since Pat was so tall. Luckily, she had Rick behind her so nothing would sneak up on her.