• Chapter 28

"What do you mean I can't see him?!"

Molly was absolutely furious right now. All she wanted right now was to see Rick. To check on him and make sure he's okay. Also because she wanted to tell him about what just happened. How The Shade is supposedly her father and not Alexander Claron. How she ended up kicking The Shade out of her house before he could even explain any more or help her and Rick. Part of her felt bad that she kicked him out, especially since he was wounded. She couldn't help it. But she owed nothing to him.

"We're sorry, but you're not a direct relative. We can't let you see him," The secretary at the front desk of the Blue Valley Police Station told her.

"That's because the only direct relative he has is lying in the hospital unconscious!" Molly quipped frustratedly. The secretary just watched her expressionless, probably used to getting people like her every single day. Molly took a deep breath as she ran her hand through her hair. She could feel the tears starting to build up, but she took a few deeps breaths to calm herself down. That's when she managed to say to the secretary quietly, "I'm sorry. It's... it's just been a long day. He's my best friend and... I really need him, okay? Just please let me see him. Please."

"I'm sorry, hun. I really am, but I can't let you in unless you're a direct family relative. Coming here and fighting with us every single day isn't going to help Mr. Harris," The secretary told her in a sad tone. Molly resisted the urge to roll her eyes as she continued, "Why don't you go home and try to relax? It seems like you could use a little less stress in your life."

Molly couldn't help, but let out another annoyed sigh as she tapped her fingers against the table. Finally, she turned around and walked towards the exit. Others sitting in the lobby stared at her as she stormed out, but she didn't care. She has been trying to get back there to see Rick every day since he's been arrested. However, they would never let her in. She knew she technically wasn't allowed, but she would never stop trying. She couldn't.

Her hand reached in her back pocket to pull out her phone as she ran down the steps of the police station. However, as soon as she made it to the bottom, she nearly crashed into someone. Actually, it was a child. A little boy to be exact. He had blond hair and wore a blue sweater with khakis.

"Hello," The boy smiled up at her.

Molly couldn't help, but bite her lip as she stared down at him. If she was being honest, she wasn't the biggest fan of children. She could never relate to them. Sure, she would like to have children in the future. Only one though. Maybe.

"Hi?" Molly replied in return, unsure what this kid wanted from her.

"Why were you in the police station?" The boy asked her curiously.

"Um... I was visiting a friend," Molly replied, wondering why this kid was wanting to talk to her out of all people. Then, she asked him, "What are you doing out here? Are your parents inside or something?"

"No. I was just taking a walk, but I got lost," The boy responded while looking around town. Molly couldn't help, but look around the town and wonder how somebody could ever get lost in this small town. Then again, he was just a kid. Then, the boy asked her, "Do you think you could walk me home?"

Molly immediately wanted to die. The last thing she wanted to do was help this child home. However, she would've felt terrible leaving him here by himself. She began to stammer, "Uh... do you just want to call your parents? You can use my phone."

"I don't know their number," The boy replied, tears began to build up in his eyes. Molly began to look around as the child begged, "Please. Can you help me find my way home?"

Then, Molly was nodding her head before she could even think about what she was doing, "Okay, okay. Which way did you come from?"

The little boy pointed in the direction he came from, causing Molly to let out a small sigh to herself as she motioned his head for him to follow her. He smiled up at her and said, "Thank you."