• Chapter 5

It had been a week since Molly had found the picture that Courtney dropped in the hallway. She hadn't given it back yet. Mainly because she's been spending every ounce of free time trying to figure out who these people were. Why was her mother in this picture? Was her mother the reason why she had these... abilities?

Molly tried to look up anything she could think of, but it wasn't much. She didn't know who these people were so it wasn't like she could look up names. The main things she kept looking up was 'Superheroes In Blue Valley, Nebraska.' Not much popped up. She knew it would be more helpful if she knew their names. She even googled her mother's name, but she just kept finding new articles about her death. The same old cover story, but Molly still read through them, looking for anything she could find. This was the first real clue Molly had about finding out about her mother, and she wasn't going to let anything stop her from finding out what really happened.

"Earth to Molly. Are you listening?"

Molly snapped out of her thoughts before turning to Cameron, who was sitting across from her in the library. He was looking at her very concerned, which made her feel bad, "Are you okay?"

She immediately nodded her head and smiled, "Yeah, I'm sorry. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night."

"I figured. You were probably up all night," Cameron replied while drawing a picture of another flower on his algebra homework.

"What?" Molly asked quickly as her stomach began to turn. Did he know? She never even told him about the picture. Also, she never told him about what happened at the diner.

Cameron just looked at her even more confused before replying, "Yeah, it's Halloween. You're always excited about Halloween, remember?"

This was very true. Molly was always excited about Halloween since it was her second favorite holiday. However, this year, Halloween was the last thing on her mind. She had too much going on right now to even look forward to it. But Cameron didn't know that.

"Caught me," Molly lied with a fake smile. Then, she added, "You better be ready for tonight. We're going to have the best matching costumes."

Cameron just groaned, "I was really hoping you forgot about that."

"Do you know who you're talking to?" Molly asked.

"Sadly," He replied, which made Molly reach across the table and smack him in the arm.

Then, the bell rang, causing the two of them to gather their belongings and stand up from their table. Cameron held the door open for her as they walked out of the library and saw students getting ready to head to lunch. The two of them parted ways so they could put their books in their lockers. As Molly placed her chemistry book on the shelf, she looked over to her side and saw something that really surprised her. She saw Courtney Whitmore and Yolanda Montez walking down the hallway, whispering to each other in her hushed tones. Molly thought it was very strange. Since when are Courtney and Yolanda friends?

"What are you staring at?" Cameron asked her when he arrived.

"Since when did Yolanda and your girlfriend become friends?" Molly asked quietly without taking her eyes off them.

"She's not my girlfriend," Cameron immediately responded with a tint of pink forming on his cheeks.

Molly just gave him a look before saying, "Yeah, okay. I'm the leader of this Camney train here so if I say she's your girlfriend, she is."

Cameron just looked at her in amusement and repeated, "Camney?"

"It's better than Courtron. That makes you sound like you should be in Transformers," She pointed out, "Besides, when you make your move at the gathering tonight, she'll be your girlfriend."