• Chapter 40

The following morning, Molly was woken up due to the sun shining right in her eyes. She groaned in annoyance before going to roll over, but was surprised when she felt an arm around her frame.  When she turned her head to look back, she saw Rick, who was still asleep. She couldn't help, but smile at the sight of him. He looked so peaceful, despite his hair being a mess. Instead of waking him up, she grasped his arm and pulled him closer to her, allowing herself to sink into him. He let out a small sigh in his sleep as she felt him grip tighten around her, making her the most peaceful she had felt in a long time.

However, the moment was ruined when her phone started to ring. She couldn't help, but roll her eyes. At this point, she was ready to just throw her phone out the window. When she saw Yolanda's name flashing on the screen, she figured it was important. She went to grab her phone, but she felt herself being held in place as she heard Rick groan, "No."

Molly couldn't help, but bite her lip to contain her smile. Her fingers slipped into his as she replied, "But it's Yolanda."

"Doesn't she know that I'm with you?" He asked her, his voice sounding tired and not opening his eyes.

She couldn't help, but laugh while pointing out, "No. I'm pretty sure that's the point of us sneaking around."

Rick finally opened his eyes and sent her a small, sleepy smile, "You know what I mean."

Molly hesitated before smiling and settling back into Rick, deciding that she would call Yolanda back in a little bit. Whatever was going on, it could wait. She rolled over so she was facing him, his grip around her waist tightening. Her fingers came up and threaded into the back of his hair, pulling him to her. Their lips met, the kiss slow and deep. His fingers fisted the back of her pajama shirt as he let out a content sigh against her lips. When they pulled away barely, Molly couldn't help, but smile as their noses brushed.

Rick's cheeks started to tint pink as he asked, "Are you okay after last night?"

"I'm fine," She assured him, her thumb lightly tracing his cheek. She pointed out, "All we did was kiss. It's not like we had sex or-"

Her words cut off, the room suddenly getting very hot and cheeks turning red. She wasn't expecting Rick to chuckle before placing a light kiss on her lips. He joked, "Don't get all shy now."

She buried her face in his chest before groaning, "Shut up."

Rick held her against him while pressing his lips against her forehead. They laid there in silence for a moment before he said, "I just wanted to make sure you... didn't get hurt or anything. You know... with the hourglass..."

When he stiffened against her, Molly removed her head from his chest and looked up at him. She noticed him trying to hide his worry from her. To get a better look at him, she sat up in her bed so she could look down at him. Her hand rested on his chest as she assured him, "Rick, I'm fine. You could never hurt me, okay?"

Rick just nodded his head lightly, his fingers coming up and pushing some stray hair behind her ear. Molly's heart melted at the gesture. She wondered if there was anything that he could do that wouldn't make her him more perfect. So far, she was finding it nearly impossible. He finally sat up in bed so he could properly face her. Her eyes flickered down when his shirt fell back down his abdomen as he leaned against the headboard. Molly bit her lip nervously before asking, "Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah," Rick nodded.

Molly felt her anxiety start to build up before she began, "I know you told me before that you didn't know if you'd ever liked someone before..."

"Yeah?" He repeated while looking at her confused, not really sure where she was going with this.

God, she couldn't believe she was about to ask this. But she had to know. She let out a small sigh before asking, "But... have you ever... been with someone?"