• Chapter 25

Mkay, I may have changed the order of some events for this chapter. Please don't be mad. Enjoy (:

———

Today is July 4th. Molly spent most of that Sunday laying in bed, bored out of her mind. She attempted to continue looking through The Shade's file, the articles about her father's death, even all of her mother's items in the attic. However, her mind kept drifting to the previous night. Rick walking her home. His hands on her trying to keep her warm. His quiet, gentle tone when he spoke to her due to him being so close. What he said about finding the one at an unexpected time. She couldn't handle all of it. That's why she resulted to laying in bed with a pillow over her head all day.

Suddenly, her phone let out a small buzz, causing her to groan loudly into her pillow. She just wanted the world to go away. Her phone rang again shortly afterwards, which made Molly pull her head out from her pillow and grab her phone. It was a message from Courtney in the group chat.

Everyone meet at my house in an hour? We need to talk.

Great, another thing that she needed to worry about. Molly sent a quick reply informing her that she would be there. Even though it was three in the afternoon, she was still in her pajamas, which was rare for her. She dug out a pair of skinny jeans and a Blue Valley High School crew neck, not really feeling like putting on her usual button up shirt and sweater. As Molly brushed her hair, she heard her phone ring again. When she picked it up, she felt her heart rate pick up when she saw it was from Rick.

Need a ride?

Normally, Molly would've texted him yes without even thinking about it. However, part of her was worried about what would happen if the two of them were alone together. She was still trying to process everything that happened the night before. She wouldn't be able to handle being alone with Rick right now.

I'm okay. I'm actually getting ready to walk out the door. Thanks though.

Molly hesitated before pressing send, wondering if she made the right choice. Her mind wandered back and forth between a few choices on how she wanted to style her hair today. Finally, she decided with a simple half up, half down look. It was easy, but it still kept her hair out of her eyes. She slipped on her shoes before grabbing her phone and sleep mask.

When she walked out into the living room, she saw Aunt Tessa napping on the couch with The Young & The Restless playing in the background. Molly never understood how Tessa could watch Soap Operas all day. She started to walk over there to wake her up, but instead, she decided to leave her a small note. Tessa always worked hard throughout the week to help them get by, she deserved to rest.

Once the note was written, Molly was out the door. It was about a twenty minute walk to Courtney's house. Luckily, Blue Valley was pretty small so it didn't take too long to get anywhere on foot. Except for Rick's house, who lived all the way out in West Farms. Molly wouldn't walk there even if she wanted to. She wasn't in the best shape for that.

Molly didn't even bother to knock when she reached the Duganmore house. Her, Yolanda, Beth, and Rick had been over there so many times, it was like a second home to them. When she walked in, she saw Courtney, Yolanda, and Beth sitting in the living room. Courtney and Beth smiled at her in greeting while Yolanda gave her a small smile. However, Molly knew that Yolanda smile.

"What's wrong?" Molly immediately asked her in concern.

Yolanda let out a shaky breath before turning to Courtney, who turned to Molly and informed her, "That's why we're meeting. Let's wait for Rick to get here."

Molly slowly nodded her head in response before sitting down in the chair in the corner of the room. Her eyes never left Yolanda, who's arms rested against her knees with her hands clasped in front of her. She kept her eyes on the floor, which was something Yolanda did when she was upset. She didn't like anyone seeing her crumble. Molly hated seeing her this way.