Chapter Thirty Two

The first thing I did was open all the doors and windows to air out the house. After that I vacuumed everything with the vacuum I brought from Mason's house. I didn't want to just dust and sweep, because there was just so much dust it would just settle back down on everything. The whole house got a thorough scrubbing including the wood floors, walls and door knobs.
All day Frank and his crew have been doing inspections on the soundness of the foundations, support beams, plumbing, and electricity.  So they'd been in and out of the cabin.  There was Frank, and two of his workers whom I hadn't been introduced to, and Charlie who is one of the warriors from the pack.  I could feel their eyes on me as we moved around each other.
It was late afternoon when we finished.  Charlie left first, and was waiting for Frank and his crew to leave.  Frank was up in the attic and his two workers who I'd final learned the name of, Tom and Matt, were up on the roof outside.
Just as I was ready to make dinner I got a text message.

Mason:  Can I come bring you dinner?  I want to talk.

I'm reluctant, mostly because of his impulsive nature.  I knew he was likely to talk big one day, then turn cold the next.  I don't know how much one talk will fix things, but I wouldn't mind an apology.  So I decide to give him the chance.  Besides we can't ignore each other forever. We're having kids together.  We have to talk.

Chloe:  K, I'm at my cabin.  Can you come here?
Mason:  Be right there.

Mason came in his wolf form, clutching a picnic basket between his teeth.  He surprised me a bit as I was expecting him to drive. He came in the back door, which was still open, and dressed in the laundry room before coming into the living room.  I sighed when I saw him.  His hair stuck up all over, and he was wearing only sweat pants.  The bond between us sparked, and I felt a longing.  We'd been apart for days, and I felt like I could finally take a real breath.
The island was clean in spite of being ugly and cracked. So he laid out dinner there and served us both two plates, which he carried to the couch as there were no stools to sit on.  We ate first, and then settled back to talk.  I was distracted by his bare chest, so I looked down only to see his bare feet.
"Who's that you've got on the roof?" My head came whipping up.
"Frank's crew.  He's in the attic"
"Who's Frank?"
"The contractor.  Alpha said he built your cabin."
"The contractor who built my cabin was a woman named Connie."
"Then who's in my attic?"