Chapter Fifteen

"Enough of her disrespecting me." I tell Mason.  Looking at her in the eye I say, "We know you gave birth while you were gone.  If they had tortured you like you say they did you would have lost that litter.  No, they fed you, took care of you, and kept you from getting stressed out.  If they were kidnappers who tortured you, you would have been stressed enough to lose all those babies.  You left on purpose, and your actions left Mason paralyzed.  Why would he want you after that?  Why would anyone?  Oh, and you weren't pregnant when you left, you faked it.  Those babies that you plan on passing off as Mason's are definitely not his."
"That's not true Mason, she's lying."
"Then explain to us why you would fake a pregnancy before you left."
"I didn't fake it.  I was pregnant."
"Yeah well you've changed blood type since then.  The hcg test was type A blood.  The blood test they took when you got back is type B.  What's the matter couldn't find a pregnant woman willing to give you her blood who was the right type?"
"It was my father's idea!  He wanted a pure wolf as alpha.  I had to fake a pregnancy, then come back with the pups to pass off as Mason's.  In time one would have been Alpha."
"Then where are the babies?"
"We needed the money!  My friends have them.  They're going to ask for a ransom before giving them back."
Mason who had been watching me asked her, "did your father force you into this, or did you go along with it?"
"It was the only way he'd let me marry you.  I wanted you bad enough to go along with it.  He arranged the kidnapping, and hired the men.  He promised you wouldn't get hurt, but you were fighting too hard.  He's the one who killed the werewolf for her blood."
"Where's your father now?"
"He's off the territory.  My family has a cabin north of here.  Your pack doesn't know about it.  That's where I've been.  That's where the pups are now."
We look to the Alpha.  He nods his head.  She's telling the truth.