Chapter Ten Point Two

What?
    I hear footsteps then, "Mom, Dad, what are you talking about. Jessa can't stay with Mason and Chloe! Are you insane. There's no way. She's going to stay with me. She need peace and quiet. I'm the one who can help her." Connor tells them. Connor is the pack therapist.
    I decide to make my entrance, and walk into the clinic. In the waiting room are the Alpha, Luna Victoria, Connor and a man I don't know.
    "Oh, Chloe you're here." Luna Victoria says welcomingly like I didn't just hear what I heard. "This is Jessa's dad Mark."
    "If Jessa is staying with anyone it will be me," he says.
    "She's been with the rouges for a long time. There's no telling what psychological damage has been done. She needs professional care," Connor says.
    At that Mason comes rolling out. "Chloe she wants to talk to you." Everyone looks at me, wondering why.
    "Okay."
    "Be gentle she's had a trauma."
    "I will be."
    I walk down the hall to the largest patient room at the end. The doctor's there, typing on a laptop. In the bed is a small woman. She has a black eye, and her cheek is bruised. I walk to her bedside.
    "Hi, Jessa. I'm Chloe. You wanted to talk to me."
    "I'll leave you to talk," the doctor says and leaves the room.
    "Chloe, Mason's healing. He doesn't need you. I need you to step aside."
    "What? No, we're married."
    Her hand shoots up and grabs my neck. Squeezing. For someone who's been with the enemy she sure is strong. I choke, and bring my hands up to peel her fingers away. My vision starts to blacken.  She slaps me across the cheek with her other hand causing me to expel the last of my air.  Her engagement ring cuts into my skin, and I feel blood start to drip down. I loose the strength in my legs, and she lets me fall back against the wall.
    "You will give him to me!" She screams. "He's mine!"
    Suddenly the room is full of people. My eyes have too many spots to see who.
"What did you say?" A voice asks me.