Chapter Twenty Five

Connor packed up my stuff into boxes while I attempted to call my parents. They didn't answer their cell phones so I called the store.
    "Chan's Flowers. This is Carla speaking, how may I help you?"
    "Hi this is Chloe Chan Davis. Are my parents around?"
    "Oh hi Chloe. This is kind of awkward. I bought the farm from your parents. They couldn't keep up with it after you left. Let me see if I have a current number for them...Oh right here!" She said and then rattled off my Dad's cell phone number.
    "Okay, thanks," I said a little disappointed. I'd already called that number. I decided to try texting instead.

    Chloe: Dad, call me when you get the chance. It's really important.

    After putting my phone away. I went inside to help Connor. He was in the bedroom boxing my clothes up. I pulled out a duffle bag, and started tossing in enough clothes to last a couple days.
    "My parents aren't picking up. I'm going to leave in Tiger form."
    "Where will you go?" Conner asked.
    "Just to a human town. I'll stay in a hotel while I regroup."
    "Do you need any money?"
    "No I still have some from before."
    "It's going to take you a while to get there running. Why don't you leave, and I'll pack the rest of this stuff for you. I don't want you getting caught after dark in the woods."
    I give him a hug in thanks and as a goodbye. "Take care of him, Connor. I love him."
    "I'm sorry he doesn't believe you."
    "It's his past. Jessa did a number on him. He thinks my babies have another father. I didn't even get the chance to tell him that I got pregnant long enough ago that it was before he was walking on his own. I was with him 24/7 those days. There's no way I even had time to cheat."
    "You have to tell him that!" Connor said.
    "He won't listen to me. Can you tell him for me? He'll talk to you. Tell him I'll be in Farmington if he wants to talk."
    Broken hearted I went out the backdoor of the cabin with my duffle bag. I took off my clothes, and put them in the bag before stepping out the door and changing into my Tiger. I took the duffle bag in my mouth and ran into the woods.

Mason's Point of View
    I watched the security monitor in despair as I listened to their conversation. But how could I be a father? They told me it would never happen. I need to go to the clinic. I think I just made a huge mistake.