Chapter Seven

I know today will be different, because Mason is waiting for me at the table when I get up.  I don't speak to him right away, just get my breakfast.  After I've turned from him to sit at the bar, he finally speaks.
"Today I'm meeting the doctor again.  You'll be expected to come."  Not can you come, or I would like you to come. 
I turn in my seat, and look at him.  He's not looking at me, and clearly doesn't expect a response.  I decide to be annoying and give him one anyway.
"Oh, now I exist.  When you need something?"
He doesn't look at me just scowls, and in a way I can see he's scowling at himself.
"Be ready in 20 minutes."
"I just have to eat this."  After I say that the silence gets loud, like the ticking of a cheap clock.
When we get to the pack house he leads me to the doctor's office in a wing I haven't seen yet.  There's one step up into that part of the house.  In a show of strength he pops a wheelie, and powers over it.  He glides into the office.  It's set  up like a regular doctor's office with a nurse station in front, and a wide hallway with patient rooms branching off it.  We're led into a large room on the right side.
"Get on the bed Mason," the female doctor says when she comes in.  After he pulls himself onto the bed she asks him to flip over, and calls me to her.  She introduces herself to me as Dr. Graham as when I get to her. 
"For the bond to heal Mason it has to be stimulated.  You'll be giving him a massage twice a day from now on.  It doesn't need to be technically perfect you just need to touch him all over for at least thirty minutes.  Focus most of your efforts below his injury which is here," she points to a spot on his back. It has scars from the surgeries they've performed to help him, the unsuccessful surgeries.  After staring at the spot I widen my field of view to include his whole back.  He's taken off his shirt at the doctor's insistence.  I get a silly smile at the thought of touching all that smooth muscled flesh.  Yum.
Mason clears his throat, and looks at me over his shoulder.  Crap, the mate bond even in it's infancy allows us to feel each other's interest.  I press my lips together giving him a cocky smile, and raise an eyebrow.  No hiding it now.  I'll have to bluff my way through my embarrassment.  He smiles himself and turns his head back around.
"Let me see you give him a massage," the doctor says and sits at the computer in the corner.  She starts typing a bit, working on paperwork probably.  She looks up at us, "Mason, you'll have to take off your pants."