Chapter Thirty

A/N A therapist should never have a romantic relationship with his or her client.  So, while Connor and Chloe are getting to know one another better there will be no hanky panky.

"So how do I find my parents?" I ask.
    "What information do you have on them?"
    "I think they're using the same cellphone numbers, but when I try to call them they don't answer."
    "Cellphones mean billing. When money's involved there will be a paper trail. Text me their numbers, and what provider they use. I have a friend. Now what about your old pack?"
    "It's been long enough that I hesitate to call."
    "So write. Send a card about how you're doing, and include something about getting back in contact. Let them approach you. If that doesn't work, call them after. What about this pack?"
    "Well, I'm done helping heal Mason, so I need a job. The Luna and I have been kicking around the idea of a greenhouse as a pack business. They would pay for the business, and I would get a salary. It's like what I did for my parents."
    "There's a empty cabin the pack owns north of here with a meadow near by. Might be a good place for your greenhouse. You can live in the cabin, on pack land, but still be separate and independent. The pack will have to fix up the cabin for you, but it should be big enough for you and the babies," he said.
    "It feels like a plan. At least the start of one." I say with a smile.
    We've finished our sandwiches, and he's already cleaned up. I thank him, and he tells me to call if I need him again. I decide to head back to the pack house to tell Alpha what I'm thinking, and about the kidnappers. Wow, we still have to talk about that don't we.
    "Send Mason back here would you?"
    "Yep, bye. Thank you for the talk."
    "That's what I do."

    The next thing I know I'm knocking on Alpha's office door. I hear Mason tell me to come in, and I immediately don't want to, but I open the door and go in anyway. Alpha's behind a desk that's facing the door, and there's a couch to one side that Mason is sitting on. In front of the desk there are a couple of chairs. When Alpha waves at them I sit down.
    "Mason," I start out. "Connor wants you to head back when you're done."
    "You can go now," the Alpha says, and Mason heads out the door after staring at me a while.
    "So two things," I say. "I want to hear what you've learned about my kidnapping, and second I need to tell you my plan for the future."
    "While there are more than just wolf purists, but the kidnappers were all wolves, so we do think this might be connected to Mark.  You're pregnant with alpha pups that if strong enough may have up to four different animal forms, and you belong to a pack they've already tried to infiltrate."
    "Will the Council help us?"
    "Best not to ask until we know more. We have one of your kidnappers locked up, but he refuses to come out of wolf form."
    "And that's all we know?"
    "We know what their wolves look like, and we know they're not rouges."
    "Okay," I hesitate, but move on to the next thing. "I want to move into my own cabin, and open up the greenhouse business we've talked about. Connor said there was a cabin to the north with a meadow nearby that I could build on."
    "There is, but it's vacant because it needs repairs."
    "Is there a way to make that happen?"
    "We don't have any contractors or builders in this pack, because we've been established for so long, but we have a treaty with the pack to the north and have used one of their contractors before. They built Mason's house. Let me make a call.
    "We do have one problem," he continues. "You can't stay there alone with what's going on. You'll have to have a guard as a roommate."
    "I'm staying in Mason's cabin while Connor's helping him. Have the contractor make the cabin livable, so I can move in. The contractor and builders can stay on site while they work on the greenhouse. I'll have to be there a lot of the time anyway."
    "Why don't you meet the contractor first before you do that. I also don't trust outsiders to guard you, but I can find a warrior to work on the crew. There are a few that know that stuff. I'll call and see if the contractor can swing by the cabin soon, and you can go over what you want."