The art of hating interviews

Curare age: 7 weeks

Tom Riddle had a high position in the ministry of magic but due to the fact that he was an only father and basically was a king in the magical world, he was allowed to work from his mansion.

But at some point, he had to go back to the ministry and this point had come. Tom hated that he had to leave his daughter all alone.

Well, not really alone. Severus was on baby-sitting duty and he was excited. This was the first time Riddle left him alone with Curare. As Tom was an overprotective father, he had told Severus everything about fifty times and only left when the potions teacher could revise it completely without a mistake. He also talked to Nagini for a long time, but Snape had no idea about what, as they were speaking in Paseltongue, so he just stood there with a confused expression.

It had been about two hours since Tom left, and Curare was sleeping in a little hammock that was floating in the grand living room. Since her father had put her to sleep, she only left out the occasional gurgle but otherwise was very calm.

Severus was in an armchair beside her, reading an old potions book that he found in the mansion's huge library and Nagini was curled up by the fire, keeping an eye on everything.

Curare woke up ad began to cry as soon as she noticed that she was alone. Having an overprotective father and a giant snake who saw her as her hatchling, she was never left alone as a baby and usually woke up to Nagini or Tom looking at her.

Snape almost got a heart-attack when she started crying and got up quickly, holding her in his arms carefully. Curare stopped crying and stared at him with her big green eyes, that still had a few tears in them.

As gently as possible Severus wiped them away with the cuff of his cloak before sitting down in the chair again, placing the baby on his lap. He called for one of the house elves and told it to bring him a bottle for the girl which he received a few seconds later.

Now he had heard from Lucius that babies were fussy sometimes when it came to feeding them, god knows Draco had been, so he just hoped that the Dark Lords daughter wouldn't be a problem. Starving Riddle's child would not make him very popular at all and he would end up as target for practising spells, if he wasn't lucky.

But to Snape's delight, Curare started to drink immediately after he offered the bottle to her. As soon as she finished, he put the bottle down and burped her, just like Tom had shown her to do so. Nagini came up to the baby and rubbed her scaly head against her cheek making the girl giggle in delight.

This had to be one of the weirdest sights the man had ever seen. After all, it wasn't every day you saw a giant snake play with a baby while it sat on you lap.

Tom did not want to be back at the ministry. Of course, he didn't get as much work done at home but Curare didn't cry day and night. Besides, Nagini loved her and saw Curare as her offspring, treating her like a mother would. Her being a snake didn't change anything about that.

As he walked through the halls of the ministry of magic he was greeted and congratulated by dozens of people. They all wanted to know about the new pureblood child that had melted his cold heart.

Tom arrived at his office and went in. In the little room before his office sat his secretary Jason who was writing things down on a piece of parchment. As soon as he noticed his boss he stood up and smiled.

"Hello Mr. Riddle, it is good to have you back. How is your daughter? We have been flooded with questions about her and she has received many parcels." Jason said with a happy voice. Tom sighed. He knew this would happen. Every time a well-known wizarding family had their first offspring the wizarding world would go crazy about it. Especially if the child's parents were in a high position in the ministry.

"Oh, and Rita Skeeter, the reporter from the daily prophet would like an interview as soon as possible. She is in the waiting room."

Just amazing. The women was very annoying and always put her nose into things that weren't her buisness.

"Send her in. She's not going to leave without a statement "Jason nodded, and Tom went into his office, sitting down on his chair, glaring at the huge pile of papers that was on his desk. A few minutes later there was a knock on the door and Rita entered the room.

The feather was flying behind her and she smiled, making her look even more ridiculous than she did anyway.

"Hello Mr. Riddle. Thank you so much for you time. Now...we have all heard that there is a new edition to the noble house of Slytherin and Riddle. Can you tell us about your daughter?" Rita looked like she was waiting for treat. Her eyes were glowing behind her glasses.

Tom didn't say anything, which made her scrawl. "How about her name and who is watching her at the moment? Also how is it to be a single father and what happened to her mother? There have been some rumours about you throwing her out."

"Her name is Riddle and believe me, she is in good hands and the matter about her mother is none of your concern?"

"Can't we have a first name? Will your daughter be a Paseltongue? And will she join the death eaters?"

Tom got up so fast that Rita fell off her chair in shock. "I don't know as she isn't even two months old. Now if you excuse me. I have a lot of work to do and no time for your stupid interview which you will twist anyway so it sounds more dramatic and whatever else. Now get out before I lose my temper."

She jumped up and stumbled out of the room. Tom sat down with a sigh. He pinched the bridge of his nose in annoyance. Curare was the hot news in the wizarding world, and this wouldn't change anytime soon